Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Reverse Indiglo dash lights...lie expectancy??

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2002, 01:26 AM

Post Reverse Indiglo dash lights...lie expectancy??

I got a set of silver faced reverse indiglo lights cheap off e-bay. Just installed them and they look very nice. Just wondering though....how long does the "indlglo" lighting last? I heard they can burn out after a couple years. Anyhow, if anyone has an answer, like to hear it....

Schantin
1997 Camaro Z28
Old 09-14-2002, 07:23 AM

Which kind did you get...ive seen several different ones like the Halo and 2 others that look similar. Also ive seen some with writing on them that i dont much care for. I dont want the manufacturers name all over my gauges.
Old 09-14-2002, 10:35 AM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by TravisWsparks2:
Also ive seen some with writing on them that i dont much care for. I dont want the manufacturers name all over my gauges.</font>
The writing doesn't come on your final gauges when they send them to you. That is just for their reference for the web so that other companies/people can't steal their product and say it is their own. There are very few companies that make these indiglo gauges, and by putting their name all over them on the web gets their name out. That is not how the come! I have the indiglo gauges in my Z, and love them, although I think I am going to purchase a set of the reverse indiglos since they just came out for the Zs, for when my other ones burn out. Mine are still glowing strong, but I have heard that they eventually burn out!
Old 09-14-2002, 12:32 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by TravisWsparks2:
Which kind did you get...ive seen several different ones like the Halo and 2 others that look similar. Also ive seen some with writing on them </font>
No funny halos, writing, etc. I know what you're talking about on those....they are pretty tacky. The company selling mine was ProCArPArts.com. The SKU is 97CAMZ28-SILREV. They have a different one for the 93-96 models. ProCarPArts wants $60 for em' on their website....but they bid them for $30 on E-bay. Long story short, mine look exactly like the stock gauges, except the face is silver and the numbers are dark navy blue. The numbers are the only things that illuminate in the dark.

Schantin
1997 CAmaro Z28