Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Removing Body Kit With silcone adhesive

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2004, 10:32 PM

Removing Body Kit With silcone adhesive

Ok my mom bought a 95 camaro v6 and it came with this wings west body kit think it was called ferrari looklike with big door panels. Any ways now its all cracked up and i wanna remove it but they used thick black silcone adhesive on the door pannels and everwhere else . my question is is the any way to remove this stuff without ruining the paint ? i know the 3m addhise stuff works good but wont work on this stuff its so thick and its hard to cut off. Any Idea's ???? Will heating it up with a heat gun work and carefully scrap it off?? i have a heat gun , will it mess up the paint the gun ? Or do i need to Sand it all off bondo and fill all the screws they screwed in the car and paint it ? why would some one install a body kit and screw it wtf ghetto
Old 01-26-2004, 11:07 PM

If they used screws you're gonna have to fill in the holes no matter what so it really doesnt matter how you take the glue off
I'd talk to a body guy or maybe you know but try and find a chemical paint stripper that won't eat through the composite doors then fill the holess and repaint it