Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

red chrome window pics!

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2003, 07:22 PM

red chrome window pics!

well, here are pictures of my old 97 Ram Air Formula with red chrome tinted windows. What I had done was put a layer of red tint on the side and back windows. Then I had two layers of chrome tint, 5%, installed behind it. The front windshield is 50% with a 5% brow across the top of it. This was highly illegal, but it looked sooo sweet. Just an idea for all you law breakers out there that want a custom idea for your car that really looks better in person rather than in a picture. On a side note, I have thought about using the black to chrome fader tint, and installing it sideways like the window fades from black to any color of tint you put on, but I have a white car, so I would not do it to this car. Just more of my odd mind at work!!

Old 01-01-2003, 07:29 PM

How many times did you get pulled over while driving that? I got pulled over 3 days after I got my tint done and it's just regular 5%. That did look pretty good though-definitely unique.
Old 01-01-2003, 11:17 PM

That's pretty cool. I definately give you props on that idea. I'm getting my windows tinted but no place around me will do less than legal (35%)
Old 01-02-2003, 08:26 AM

The only place I ever had trouble was in Iowa. For some reason the State Patrol over there has something against tinted windows. In Omaha, I NEVER was even stopped for it, and I had them tinted for over a year and a half. I received one ticket, one warning, and my family lives up in NE Iowa, so that is not bad considering all the holidays I went to visit them on!!
Old 01-02-2003, 08:31 AM

i dont really like the red i just like the normal
i had 15% on my side windows and they made me take it off before they would let me insure my car
but i plan on putting it back on soon cause i moved
Old 01-03-2003, 12:06 AM

so u did on the out side 2 layers of chrome then one of red? or red on the out side of the window and 2 chroms on the inside?
Old 01-03-2003, 08:34 AM

All layers of tint are on the inside, if that is what you are asking. The red first, on the glass, and the chrome is layered over the red, so it creates a red mirrored effect. They make tint big enough for the back window, but the chrome was cut because of how much metallic is in it. The guy that did it though, cut the lines with the rear window defogger so they were not visible at all. Of course, on the rear window at the top where the DOT matrix is the tint did not like to stick very well, but most T/A's and Firebirds I have seen this seems normal