Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Premliminary Photoshoot

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 09:17 AM

Premliminary Photoshoot

I have just about finished up my 4 year build. I can't believe it took this long, but I also can't believe I changed so much. This all stemmed from stretching the head bolts on one side right before I put nitrous on the car. I have replaced the entire engine/drivetrain/suspension. I have a couple of small things to tackle this month, but the main one is sending the car to the paint shop to get the ground effects installed, some dent and scratch repair, and a final full wet sand.

The engine shot looks aweful because it has not been cleaned - at all! It is missing my fuel rail covers, radiator cover, stut tower brace, etc, and a bath. Once the break-in period is over and the car hasn't broken anything, all that goes back on.

David Stevens Photography in Dallas is responsible for all the work. My car fails in comparison to the cars they normally shoot. If you want to see some of his work, here is a link: http://www.facebook.com/#!/dwstevensphotography

Old 02-03-2013, 06:40 PM

Re: Premliminary Photoshoot

Could you not fit a bigger intercooler on there. LOL !! That's a sweet build and a mean looking Camaro. Thanks for the photos.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by shosovr
Could you not fit a bigger intercooler on there. LOL !! That's a sweet build and a mean looking Camaro. Thanks for the photos.
lol, thanks. It gets hot down here in Texas! I had problems during my initial testing this summer with overheating. I think my Griffin dual core radiator was too big (found some threads about guys with similar problems - heat soaking ). I went back to the stock radiator and added a third fan to the back of the intercooler. That seemed to work, but it had cooled off some by then. I'm still worried that I'm going to overheat this summer When it's 100*+ ambient outside. Obviously I have to keep the A/C too which doesn't help my trap times...!
Old 02-03-2013, 11:43 PM

HDR makes everything sexier! Nice car, bro.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:01 PM

Is the car still wet Lol!!! very nice paint job !! I can see the reflection of a building in the picture
well worth the wait !!