Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Post# 2 of the FREE Overlay Templates Mod....

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2002, 07:45 PM

So has anyone came up with a bullet proof set yet??? Ones that will not fade and still light up bright???

I have a custom 200 mph gauge cluster I'm working on, e-mail me for a pic it's rather large!
Old 07-19-2002, 09:20 AM

Question

Ditto on the '93-96 Firebird guage overlay...

I took a picture with a non digital camera and scanned it in and fooled with photoshop.. it is going slow and I think it is too pixelated to look good.. I am hesistant to take the needles off to scan mine in...

Any idea what a broken cluster from a junkyard would cost?

Thanks
Andrew
'96 Formula
Nashville, TN
Old 07-19-2002, 05:07 PM

Thumbs up

Desperately looking for 93' speedo overlays....I have cash!

Anyone??

Thanks guys,
-Scooba

------------------
'93 Z/28 M6 3.73's_6point cage_orange with yellow pearl_RK sport GFX_SS hood_RK sport hi rise wing_clear corners_billet grille_ported heads/intake_5 angle perf. valve job_97'LT4 383 by SELF RACING_CALLIES stealth crank_OLIVER six inch rods_J.E.forged dished pistons_10:1 compression
OLIVER splayed mains_custom grind cc306_LINE BORED_BALANCED AND BLUEPRINTED_FASTCHIPS custom chip and ED Wright DYNO tune_EGR bypass_home made SFC's_home made short throw_home made LCA's_home made CAI
-------------------------
Eibach Pro kit_ET Streets_Hooker ceramicoated LT's W/true duals and "H" pipe_Taylor Spriro wires_Autolite 104's_Aeromotive adjustable FPR_30# injectors,58mm TB, 1.6 comp pro magnum RR's
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
N.O.S. wet system 300 shot
_ ______________________ _
PAXTON S591 w/12 LB pulley in the works (need to custom fab some brackets)
Old 07-21-2002, 02:53 PM

What's with the shortage of 97+ gauges???
Most of the ones on brent's site are just for the 93-96. Leaving us 97+'s and TA guys "out in the cold". Perhaps the guys that have made the 93/96 gauges could just duplicate their design and put it on a 97+ AC/HVAC panel. We'd really appreciate it. Thanks guys,
Jay
Old 07-21-2002, 04:11 PM

i cant find a speedo for the my 98, i cant find any of the speedo's for the ls1's. Have you guys made any at all?
Old 01-01-2003, 08:08 AM

I tried to go to the site to show me how to do it but they dont work!?
any other sites to say what kind of paper and such..
thanks
Old 01-01-2003, 08:55 AM

I'm pretty good at photoshop so I can design some stuff if someone has ideas of what they want.

I just need some help....I can't find any templates for a 98+ T/A or Firebird. I do have a scanner but it's at work. I'm laid off right now so I wouldnt be going in to work. I read another post about someone taking a digital pic of it. I have a Nikon D1x that takes 5.74 or megapixels....so I'm just wondering if I can make a 1:1 of the hvac's somehow?? I want to tie in my flames on the outside to the inside.

BTW...there are papers out there that are archival if people are concerned about the fading. We use the Epson Archival matt paper at work. I guess then you would laminate it. I can get things laminated at the photo lab where i used to work also.

Anyone got any ideas?

-Michelle
Old 01-01-2003, 01:43 PM

Here's a pic of my white HVAC gauges. Pretty easy to do.

http://images.cardomain.com/installs...455_9_full.jpg
Old 01-02-2003, 02:00 AM

97 SIZING SOLVED

After a few of the guys w/ PS made some various gauges, I still didn't see "the one for me", so I mix-and-matched some that they made (I don't know which, or I'd give due credit). But, I took the "Z28" and "LT1" logos from one of the flame gauges, and put them on a regular white gauge, then spent a little while touching up the "font" to make it look sharp.

Needless to say, I pasted the final product in a .doc file so I could get the sizing right.
I got the sizing right and emailed it to brent to post on his site, but he didnt (Brent I can send it again if you want).
So, If any of yall are interested in some white, non-flamed, Z28/LT1 HVAC&Headlight overlays, Email me at Jaybaste7@aol.com and I'll email you the file.
Lata guys,
J
Old 01-04-2003, 06:44 PM

Question any new updates?

anyone else give it a try i tried to click on the links to see how to make my own but the site doesnt exist anymore? any one have any examples for a 94 z they would like to share and some photos of finished installed product, thanks im itchin to do this myself
thanks
ryan
Old 01-04-2003, 06:51 PM

The links are just off

http://www3.sympatico.ca/rickdupuis/...stom_gauge.htm

http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/fbody/overlays.htm
Old 01-06-2003, 01:56 AM

with some resizing in psp I used the 94-96 white speedo overlay. Only thing is. . . I have a 94 v6 (110mph). Does anyone have this template? I customized it, but the markings arent perfect. I'm a heavy photoshop user so anything will work.
Old 01-29-2003, 11:23 PM

Question TTT??

anyone do this yet? im having trouble firguring out how to size up the overlays after you photoshop them, any tips, i can make em fine but i just am not sure how to print them to size, so if anyone has tips, pics, or templates i would appreciate it
thanks
ryan
Old 01-29-2003, 11:32 PM

Hey Ryan.
To get the sizing right (the dimensions should already be correctly proportioned), covert the file to a jpg or bmp and paste it in a word DOC file.
Then you can resize it in word until it fits correctly- the proportions should stay the same. I just printed out a few black and white copies until i got mine right.

Mine is a White gauge for the HVAC and Headlight that has the "Z28" and "LT1" logos on the HVAC. I have the doc file if you want it. just email me at JayBaste7@aol.com. I emailed it to Brent, but it never made it on the site.
-J
Old 01-30-2003, 12:15 AM

what size paper do i need? what kind of paper..links not working...is it just normal size paper? or longer? and do you think kinko's or whatever will have none fading light threw paper? and then have them laminate it?/? help! stuck

Quick Reply: Post# 2 of the FREE Overlay Templates Mod....