Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Post# 2 of the FREE Overlay Templates Mod....

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2002, 09:04 PM

Yes I figured this would happen sooner or later, anyways guys excellent work and keep it free.........

Viper

Old 06-29-2002, 12:32 AM

Anyone have any luck scanning the 97+ gauge cluster?

------------------
J.J. (Nashville, TN)
2001 Camaro Z28 M6
Old 06-30-2002, 05:29 PM

Exclamation

Has anybody been able to get the hvac and ligth controls to show light through yet?I can make out what each thing is supposed to be and they look great in the daytime,but everything looks all blurry at night.Anybody figure out how to fix this yet?By the way I am using photo quality glossy paper.
kevin

------------------
1998 Black Z28
SLP lid,SLP MAF ends,!FRA,!EGR,and a Dynomax cat-back
1/8
8.54 @ 83.64 mph
Pics
Old 06-30-2002, 08:49 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nikkev:
Has anybody been able to get the hvac and ligth controls to show light through yet?I can make out what each thing is supposed to be and they look great in the daytime,but everything looks all blurry at night.Anybody figure out how to fix this yet?By the way I am using photo quality glossy paper.
kevin

</font>
Well all you have to do is peel off the stock hvac and light overlays and that should give you all the light you need. The stock overlays are just held on by glue, so it is really easy to peel em off, and they are thick, so dont worry about tearing them or something... anyways, I finally got a set printed up and played around with it and the light shines through perfectly. Ill post pics tonight.

------------------
My 2 Babies:
94 black Z28-5.7 k&n cold air induction, performance MAF,air foil & flowmaster exhast. new pics w/ SS hood & spoiler
94 Z28 pics
86 laser red IrocZ - k&n air filters,full msd setup, flowmasters, modifed MAS & air foil,92 hood, Ground Effects & spoiler
86 Z28
Old 07-02-2002, 12:59 PM

Lightbulb

A couple things to think about... "printing" these out on photopaper will eventually result in a sun-faded mess. Have you guys thought about the fact that the stock and aftermarket are basically a silkscreening process (paint more or less) they are not ink on paper. Also, if you are going to try this, I am a graphic designer and can tell you photoshop is not the best program for something like this. You would want to do it in Illustrator, so it can be laid out in precision and it would be done in vectors rather than pixels which is Photoshop.
Old 07-03-2002, 11:12 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BLUETOPTA:
Ok hey guys I'm sorry for a post like this but I need to ask....Ok here goes...I BOUGHT indiglo gauges for my car and I broke them (I know ) I see what you guys got goin and I was wondering I someone wold make me some for cash???? It would realy look cool in my TA ( you guys can make them for them, right?) because I have the white leather interior like an aniv. model EMAIL me if you can help!

Thanks,

</font>
So can anyone help me with this?????

------------------
BLUETOPTA

1995 Trans Am covnvert. White w/white leater + blue top and accents BEST 1/4 et:13.7
in process of port & polish of intake & heads + other stuff
-1994 Cadillac Deville 4.9L
Old 07-04-2002, 02:40 AM

wow guys this is a sweet idea id love to get in on this i was just wondering where i could get the overlays to print out and what paper to use
if anyone can help me drop me a line bmac1877@aol.com
thanks
Old 07-04-2002, 03:47 AM
Nevermore

Question

I need the headlight overlay for 93-96 made to match THIS HVAC overlay that I will be using.

HERE is the headlight template if you need it.

TIA

Old 07-09-2002, 07:04 AM

ttt
Old 07-09-2002, 01:42 PM

Got an idea on how to make indiglo a/c and headlight overlays.found some small el kits.Gonna print the overlays on laminating sheets the lay them over top of the el sheet.Then take another laminating sheet to seal the overlay.if it works the everything will glow.waiting now to get the kit in the mail.here is a link to the kit.

http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bi...504&type=store

Old 07-17-2002, 03:55 PM

Thumbs up

These gauges are awesome guys........

I have a 93

Anyone make any that match the silver series Autometer gauges yet??

What did you guys use to change the colors of the background when the lights are on?

I need the full set.....I'll pay for them if I need to.

Let me know
ttt
Thanks guys,
-Scooba

------------------
'93 Z/28 M6 3.73's_6point cage_orange with yellow pearl_RK sport GFX_SS hood_RK sport hi rise wing_clear corners_billet grille_ported heads/intake_5 angle perf. valve job_97'LT4 383 by SELF RACING_CALLIES stealth crank_OLIVER six inch rods_J.E.forged dished pistons_10:1 compression
OLIVER splayed mains_custom grind cc306_LINE BORED_BALANCED AND BLUEPRINTED_FASTCHIPS custom chip and ED Wright DYNO tune_EGR bypass_home made SFC's_home made short throw_home made LCA's_home made CAI
-------------------------
Eibach Pro kit_ET Streets_Hooker ceramicoated LT's W/true duals and "H" pipe_Taylor Spriro wires_Autolite 104's_Aeromotive adjustable FPR_30# injectors,58mm TB, 1.6 comp pro magnum RR's
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
N.O.S. wet system 300 shot
_ ______________________ _
PAXTON S591 w/12 LB pulley in the works (need to custom fab some brackets)
Old 07-17-2002, 07:39 PM

Umm I'm not real skillfull in this sort of thing but if someone would make me some overlays ready to be installed and mail them to me I would pay you. I have a 95 white z28 if that helps.
Old 07-17-2002, 07:52 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by z28playa:
Umm I'm not real skillfull in this sort of thing but if someone would make me some overlays ready to be installed and mail them to me I would pay you. I have a 95 white z28 if that helps.</font>
email reznor at reznor@elp.rr.com
he did an awesome job on my setup
Old 07-17-2002, 09:40 PM

I did the 93-96 HVAC and Headlight designs as a vector file for the character overlay. I can pull the background layer into photoshop or photopaint and put whatever picture I want then overlay the caracters in CorelDraw in whatever color.

If anyone has a use for this, here it is:
hl&hvac design
The file is a *.cdr created in CorelDraw 10.

Here is a *.jpeg render of the design I am doing for my 93 Z28.

Hope this helps somebody.

------------------
Rick CFFB #32
'93 Z28 Patriot Red A4
'01 Dakota R/T Graphite Metallic

Enter the Lair
Old 07-18-2002, 04:50 PM

This is a great idea. Its beyond my technical capabilities but none the less I want a set. Anybody done them for a 93-96 'bird yet? The gauge overlay may be too big for a standard page sized scanner.

------------------
Owner, Nashville Speed & Performance

1996 Trans Am WS6

Quick Reply: Post# 2 of the FREE Overlay Templates Mod....