Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Please help! Question for Firebird/Trans Am/Formula guys - rear panel graphics...

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2003, 07:04 PM
Super Moderator

Please help! Question for Firebird/Trans Am/Formula guys - rear panel graphics...

Hey Guys!

What I'm trying to figure out is very simple... if you have one of these cars

What I'm trying to figure out is what exactly the graphics look like between your tail lights. I know of several different styles and am wondering the break down for what years these occured in.

I know of 5 different styles for the rear "words" on the center panel. Early Firebirds had a "lined" "FIREBIRD". Later they switched to the newer style but I'm not sure when the switch occurred? Also, as far as I know, there was only one style of "Formula". There are also at least two different styles of "Trans Am". One of them uses fuller/thicker letters than the other. If you could please take a look at this graphic and let me know what style you have and what year and model of car you have, it would be greatly appreciated!

http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/vinyl...ices_words.jpg

There are also at least three different styles of the "bird" that I know of. The outlined bird was used on all earlier cars (I think) and even some of the newer Trans Ams. The other two styles of birds are nearly identical except one of them has fuller pieces than the other. You can see what I mean by looking at the picture. Again, please let me know which style bird you have and what year and model your car is.

http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/vinyl...ices_birds.jpg

Thanks guys!!!
Old 05-22-2003, 07:55 PM

Re: Please help! Question for Firebird/Trans Am/Formula guys - rear panel graphics...

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Brent94Z
[B]Hey Guys!

What I'm trying to figure out is very simple... if you have one of these cars

What I'm trying to figure out is what exactly the graphics look like between your tail lights. I know of several different styles and am wondering the break down for what years these occured in.

http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/vinyl...ices_words.jpg

Style 5

http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/vinyl...ices_birds.jpg

Style A

I have a 94 TA/GT the letters where in Red in color. I've taken my bird off and left it black.

Vinny
Old 05-22-2003, 08:28 PM

I have a 97 TA. The Trans Am is style 4 i believe, and the bird is definitely style A. The color is red, the car is white.
Old 05-22-2003, 09:01 PM

1995 base Firebird here

Style 1 FIREBIRD

Style A "Outlined" Bird.
Old 05-22-2003, 09:49 PM

I have a 1994 TransAm (non GT) and I have style 4 of the TransAm and style "A" for the bird
Old 05-22-2003, 10:01 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks a bunch so far guys... this will definitely help me. Keep them coming too!

Fuels94TA, could you take a look again please just to be sure? I had a 95 TA and it had style 4. I didn't think style 5 came around until at least sometime after 97

Artic, nah, can't do that. That just isn't right Good idear though! LOL! I've thought about searhing around the web and seeing what others are saying but from what I saw, it didn't seem like anybody had a good idea of what was really up I also have a parts CD which lists all parts for the 93+ Firebirds and it doesn't go to the detail of showing what these look like. I'd have to order them all to see

Thanks again and please continue to post whatcha got!
Old 05-22-2003, 10:19 PM

1996 trans am here

Style 5 and Style A
Old 05-22-2003, 10:38 PM
Administrator

You really mean "the graphics look like between your tail lights."??

My 94 Formula came from the factory with a blank panel between the tail lights. I can't remember seeing a Formula with anything on that panel????? The "Formula V8" sticker (changed to "Formula" in 95) was on the lower right side of the bumper.

Or did I misunderstand the question ?
Old 05-22-2003, 11:22 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Brent94Z
[B]Thanks a bunch so far guys... this will definitely help me. Keep them coming too!

Fuels94TA, could you take a look again please just to be sure? I had a 95 TA and it had style 4. I didn't think style 5 came around until at least sometime after 97

I just check it out and yes it's the fuller letters.

Vinny
Old 05-23-2003, 05:23 AM
Super Moderator

Originally posted by Injuneer

My 94 Formula came from the factory with a blank panel between the tail lights. I can't remember seeing a Formula with anything on that panel????? The "Formula V8" sticker (changed to "Formula" in 95) was on the lower right side of the bumper.

Yeah, that's what I mean. My subject title is a little different because I didn't have room to put all that

Yours came blank??? My buddy at work has an older Formula and it is blank as well... he isn't the original owner though so I had thought it had been previously removed.

I know old Firebirds and Trans Ams had the graphic but, crap, guess maybe they didn't get their "Formula" stuff made until later so just left it blank??? Hmm... interesting. Thanks, Fred!
Old 05-23-2003, 05:25 AM
Super Moderator

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Fuels94TA
[B]
Originally posted by Brent94Z

I just check it out and yes it's the fuller letters.

Vinny
Well, damn, now I'm confused. LOL! Pontiac switched from the fuller/thicker letters to the thin letters back to the full letters? Geesh, going to be very difficult to keep track of all this. hahahaa

Thanks guys!

Keep em coming... especially some of the newer stuff!
Old 05-23-2003, 07:47 AM

For my May '02 build date WS6 Brent,

Style 4 for the Trans Am
Style A for the bird.

Old 05-23-2003, 07:50 AM

Originally posted by Injuneer

Same here, my '96 Formula has a blank panel from the factory.
Old 05-23-2003, 09:12 AM
Administrator

Originally posted by Brent94Z
Yours came blank??? My buddy at work has an older Formula and it is blank as well... he isn't the original owner though so I had thought it had been previously removed.
That is the "allure of the Formula".... high performance in a "plain brown wrapper".....

I believe most 'stang owners could do a better job telling you what the back of a Formula looks like! Totally stock, as it came from the factory, except for the missing exhaust tips.
Old 05-23-2003, 10:53 AM

the 93-97 v6 birds have style 1 firebird and style a bird.

the 93-97 formulas have nothing on the taillight panel, its all black. i think formulas only had decals on the driver headlight and passenger side of the rear bumper. i've seen formula decals on some doors, but i think they were added by the owners. i think some years the decals said formula v8, and others were just formula. i switched taillights and middle panel on mine to the formula ones and i also shaved off the firebird letters on my doors to give it the formula "look". http://images.cardomain.com/member_i...63_29_full.jpg

don't really know too much about the trans am stuff or 98-up either. got into the formula stuff b/c i wanted to "look" like one w/o marking my car as one.

Quick Reply: Please help! Question for Firebird/Trans Am/Formula guys - rear panel graphics...