Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

People with painted interiors come in here...

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2004, 10:02 PM

Re: People with painted interiors come in here...

Originally Posted by PureMuscle
Awesome, thanks. Another question: If I decided I wanted to do the fusion and clear coat in the same day, how would it be done exactly? The fusion is supposed to dry fast for paint so should I do the clear coat when the fusion is dry or wet? Thanks again.
When it's dry. Make sure to do light coats and it will dry pretty fast.
Old 11-01-2004, 12:18 PM

sorry have been busy haven't checked in. Anyway, yeah clear coat -- always! Fusion paint is strong, yes, but it DOES still chip and scratch very easilly. The clear coat is not so much meant as a gloss, but as a protective layer. If you really do a lot of clear coat, you'll have a thick protection between the paint and the damage that can be done to it -- the clear coat will get all the abuse. I did mine the same was as Krylon Fusion, just do light coats and they'll dry quick like chic17 said.
Old 11-01-2004, 03:30 PM
PureMuscle

Originally Posted by meissenation
sorry have been busy haven't checked in. Anyway, yeah clear coat -- always! Fusion paint is strong, yes, but it DOES still chip and scratch very easilly. The clear coat is not so much meant as a gloss, but as a protective layer. If you really do a lot of clear coat, you'll have a thick protection between the paint and the damage that can be done to it -- the clear coat will get all the abuse. I did mine the same was as Krylon Fusion, just do light coats and they'll dry quick like chic17 said.

Thanks man. Did you use the Krylon clear coat or duplicolor like some others suggest? I heard of one person having problems using both krylon fusion and krylon clear but that doesnt seem like a problem to me.

Edit: Just reread your post. I think I asked a question you may have already answered, did you mean in your post that you did use the Krylon fusion clear coat when you said "I did mine the same was as Krylon Fusion".

Last edited by PureMuscle; 11-01-2004 at 03:33 PM.

Old 11-01-2004, 03:51 PM

D'oh, meant the clear coat went on the same way as Fusion. Spray on, let dry, spray on again, let dry, repeat over and over again.

I actually used the DupliColor Automotive Clear Coat. The Krylon clear coat that I found was a "glaze" that I did try on my dash pad, but it literally created a high static area... now whenever I wipe off the dash pad I can just hear the static stirring and getting ready to attract more dust. What I do like about the duplicolor clear coat is that technically, it's the same stuff you put on your car, as far as I know you can wax the panels... if they're smooth. I wouldn't try waxing the textured, but if you sand the panels smooth (some do that, I just left the texture) then waxing would make it even more nice and smooth.