Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Paging Brent or anyone with the DGM dual driving light fascia

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2002, 11:37 AM

Paging Brent or anyone with the DGM dual driving light fascia

I have some Pilot driving lights that I installed and while they are definitely better than stock, I decided like any other self respecting F-body owner, to push my luck and upgrade the original Pilot lights to 100W from 55W. Now, this setup works great and lights the road very well..... for about 2 months, then one of the lights blows and then the next month the other goes.

So I've been on the light replacement merry-go-round for about 2 years now and I'm really just sick of it. Yes, I could go back to 55W and everything would probably be all peachy-keen again, but that's for wussy little horsey drivers. I really want the DGM dual driving light front fascia (Linky).

Just wondering, those of you that have it, Brent in particular, how does it light the road (I think I already know the answer to this question) and how easy is it to change bulbs and more importantly how often do you have to change them. Last, is there any way possible in the known universe to get the fascia for less than $375. Don't get me wrong, I think they are plenty worth it, but $375 for lights is pretty huge to me.

Thanks!
Old 12-04-2002, 05:11 PM
Super Moderator

I'll never forget the night when I turned on the 4 quad fogs and also my headlights... my buddy said "Damn, you could land the space shuttle with those lights." So, yes, they are bright. In fact, they are too bright to use with normal headlights. About the only time I can use mine are when nobody is coming. HOWEVER, this is because I can't get them to point down enough. That is my only complaint... that there is essentially no adjustability with these lights and the way the piece fit (very nice BTW!) there wasn't a lot of adjustment there either. When all was said and done, the lights are aimed just a little too high even when adjusted fully down. Because I have been too lazy, I haven't looked into "fixing" this and just only use them when nobody is coming and I REALLY want to light up the road. I think I have an idea how to fix my problem but just haven't had a chance to do it yet.

Also, the lights that come in this kit are CATZ lights. Discounted on the Internet I have found them for $150 a pair which means even discounted there is $300 worth of lights right there. So, you are only paying like $75 for the fiberglass piece which isn't too bad. You could just ask them if they'll cut you a deal?

I don't think I have this page linked on any of my other pages (not done with it... only been thinking about finishing it for 3 years. LOL!) but take a look here...

http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/fbody/quadfogs.htm
Old 12-04-2002, 10:13 PM

Thanks for the info Brent! I really do love that setup. I just got back in from replacing the burnt out bulb in my Pilot. I hope to have some money come tax time and I'd like to use that for finally buying the DGM kit.

BTW, what is your idea for getting them to aim lower? Are they aimed higher than the headlights or just a lot brighter? I could probably live with it (or at least the rest of America would ) if they were aimed at a level below the headlights.
Old 12-05-2002, 01:40 AM

dang ive never seen these before...they look really cool...how hard are they to install?
Old 12-05-2002, 04:11 AM
Super Moderator

I want to connect a wire on the back side bottom of the fiberglass. I'll then "pull" this wire and mount it somewhere. This will "suck in" the bottom of the assembly and allow the lights to point a bit lower and be more acceptable as fog lights instead of another set of brights.

They are aimed about like high beams... if I leave them on I get flashed

Install isn't difficult. It can be as easy as snipping the wires for your current lamps and splicing in these or as "complicated" as mine where I ran switches for each pair of lights.

Oh, and to answer your other question, I don't know how difficult it is to change a bulb because one has not yet gone out on me! They have been pretty durable and long lasting!
Old 12-05-2002, 08:32 AM

Thumbs up

Yeah I've had mine for over 5yrs w/ the same bulbs. So you'll get your money's worth for sure. Not too many have em either. It's a deal to get now because I paid 660 for em back then. Still got the receipt too!