Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Opinions on my rear panel

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2005, 02:00 AM

Opinions on my rear panel

Just wanted to now if I did the right thing by painting my rear panel satin black. I really like how it looks on the Berger SSs even though it isn't . Hope the link works, if you care to look. Thanks

http://www.kodakgallery.com/BrowsePh...1&sort_order=0
Old 09-02-2005, 02:08 AM

Re: Opinions on my rear panel

Yeah,that looks really good, I like it.
Old 09-02-2005, 02:39 PM

I think it looks nice. Ive been waiting for a cheap panel to come on ebay. I dont want to paint my factory piece.
Old 09-02-2005, 03:08 PM

If I'm being honest... I feel the same way about yours as I do about the Berger...

It looks like the car was damaged, and the panel was replaced with an incorrect salvaged piece...

A lot of people seem to like the look though, and all that matters is if you like it.
Old 09-02-2005, 04:47 PM

I'm not a big fan of the 5.7 LT1 decals. I also like it when the panel is flat instead of satin. It looks ok but i think if you changed those 2 things then it would look much better.
Old 09-02-2005, 08:30 PM

Looks good, I feel the same way about the 5.7 emblems/decals though.

You might want to look into the newer "5.7" GTO emblem, I've seen a couple cars with it and it looks great.
Old 09-02-2005, 10:00 PM

Personally, I'm just tired of seeing the thousands of fake bergers around the country now. Your paint job quality is good, though. The 5.7 LT1 badges do seem out of place, and almost seem like you're trying too hard for a "By Berger"-like emblem to fill the void. It looks good, but I'm sorry there's just way too many people doing this mod anymore to interest me.
Old 09-02-2005, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by meissenation
Personally, I'm just tired of seeing the thousands of fake bergers around the country now. Your paint job quality is good, though. The 5.7 LT1 badges do seem out of place, and almost seem like you're trying too hard for a "By Berger"-like emblem to fill the void. It looks good, but I'm sorry there's just way too many people doing this mod anymore to interest me.
I don't understand the theory that if several people have it and it looks good then i can't do it too. I mean if the mod would look good on your car, why would you not do it, just because someone else has the same mod. Granted i live in Kansas but i go to a large university and their are a lot of Fbodies and i've only ever seen 1 Fbody with the berger panel and its my friends car. He doesn't even live in the same town. I always see people on this site bitching about how a mod is over played, yet i never see it on any cars around here. I plan on doing the berger panel on my car when i find a panel.
Old 09-02-2005, 10:59 PM

looks dope to me!
Old 09-02-2005, 11:22 PM

Thanks for all the honest imput. I appreciate it. Those new 5.7 emblems on the GTO would look really good on there, but I just whipped those decals up to help even the look out. I thought it looked naked on that side, they aren't permanent, just stickers. Anyone else have pics of theirs?? I'd really like to see other ones. I live in FORD City, so I am an outkast for having an F-body around here. So I haven't seen any others around at all, let alone with a black back panel. Its a Mustang and Import dominated city. Not like either one dominates, I mean dominate by popularity. Thanks again.
Old 09-02-2005, 11:29 PM

Here's mine I plan on using the GTO emblem unless I find something else

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...34_71_full.jpg

BTW just because you see them all over the internet doesn't make them bad... It would be about impossible to have a car with stuff done to it that no one in the country hasn't done.

Oh yea I've seen like one other camaro that has the berger panel in my area and we have ALOT of F-bodies in Texas.
Old 09-02-2005, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by AW/whiteZ-28
Here's mine I plan on using the GTO emblem unless I find something else

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...34_71_full.jpg

BTW just because you see them all over the internet doesn't make them bad... It would be about impossible to have a car with stuff done to it that no one in the country hasn't done.

Oh yea I've seen like one other camaro that has the berger panel in my area and we have ALOT of F-bodies in Texas.
Damn that looks awesome. I wish so badly that my car was white.
Old 09-03-2005, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by Z95m6
I don't understand the theory that if several people have it and it looks good then i can't do it too. I mean if the mod would look good on your car, why would you not do it, just because someone else has the same mod. Granted i live in Kansas but i go to a large university and their are a lot of Fbodies and i've only ever seen 1 Fbody with the berger panel and its my friends car. He doesn't even live in the same town. I always see people on this site bitching about how a mod is over played, yet i never see it on any cars around here. I plan on doing the berger panel on my car when i find a panel.
I guess it's different since I live in the Detroit area. Pretty much every car show that's fbody related that I've gone to, there's a handful of true Bergers, and then two handfuls of people that have done the Berger mod.
Old 09-03-2005, 09:03 AM

I'm going to paint the panel on the back of my HO SS black but it's not to try and pretent it's a berger. It's because back in the 60's the black tail panel was only on SS's and it was only on the big blocks (higher performance cars). I'm doing it for a retro throwback so it can match the old one.

William
Old 09-03-2005, 11:08 AM

I think it looks good!

I'm one of only maybe like 3 or 4 people around my area that has done it, upstate SC. And I've never seen another polo green camaro with it, on here or otherwise...