Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

New Interior Mods! :)

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 04:21 PM

New Interior Mods! :)

Ok FINALLY I got all most of my interior upgrades almost done to my liking. I always LOVED the white gauge faces on the REALLY expensive GMMG and Berger Camaro's but I have tried to get those clusters.... GOOD LUCK they are about $500++ and then you have to redo the cluster computer, all of this was a real pita and REALLY discouraged me from doing this. I always thought that the white gauges with the ebony leather interior would really make it stand out and look great! So about a few weeks ago I found a seller who makes white gauge faces & HVAC and Headlight covers. (OF COURSE I NEVER REALIZED THAT 6 LITER EATER MADE THESE ) So for $35 and about 40 minutes I installed these and I think they look GREAT!
But that just wasnt enough lol. With help from a local buddy & fellow Camaro owner I ordered the LED's in "Cool White" and we installed the LED's in the odometer cluster, shift plate, HVAC, headlight switch and the door lights.
All I need to get now is a A-4 shift plate white cover and I am in the process of getting that from Mark with 6 Liter Eater.

The difference in the upgraded LED's from the stock ones is tremendous! They really look MUCH better then the "greenish" look the stock ones had. It really looks great at night. I took these pictures with my iPhone camera but I will update it with better pics using my good camera.
Here are the pics check them out!!

There are a few more interior upgrades that I want to do and I am in the early process of starting them up.

Here are the White Gauges in the Cluster and the HVAC and Headlight White Covers:

Here are the LEDs in the Cluster and the Shift Plate:

Last edited by mybadd02camaro; 05-19-2011 at 04:24 PM.
Old 05-19-2011, 04:49 PM

Re: New Interior Mods! :)

DAMN! That looks great. I especially like the cluster, and that glow around the needles at night is really cool looking. Those are still the stock needles right? The looks 10x better on white than on the stock cluster. I thought they were orange for a second too.

You should consider getting a trans am cluster bezel, or one of 6LE's abs/stainless ones. It'll really set off the white gauges. Only downside is having to take off the plastic lens again.
http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...oducts_id=1948
Old 05-19-2011, 06:49 PM

Sweet bro !! Cool mod
Old 05-19-2011, 08:40 PM

Very nice, The LED's look great in the pictures but have you lost the Dimmer Feature by Using LED's?? or is there some kind of kit that allows you to retain the dimming??

Currently I have Sylvannia Filament Red Bulbs in my Gauges but they are not perfect because they are not quite bright enough, one day I'll just put stock bulbs back in

Also, remind me what type of bulbs are used in the shifter and the Door Lights?

Thanks
Old 05-20-2011, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Evolution223
Very nice, The LED's look great in the pictures but have you lost the Dimmer Feature by Using LED's?? or is there some kind of kit that allows you to retain the dimming??

Currently I have Sylvannia Filament Red Bulbs in my Gauges but they are not perfect because they are not quite bright enough, one day I'll just put stock bulbs back in

Also, remind me what type of bulbs are used in the shifter and the Door Lights?

Thanks
Nope they just change right out and the dimmer still works prefect. I actually was thinking of going all red but I prefer to have the contrast between the colors and gauges. IMO. If you like I can PM you the list of what you need (the bulb # etc) and where I got them. LMK.
Old 05-21-2011, 01:14 PM

looks good! but the floor mats got to go but better then nothing I guess lol

or maybe clean the mud off them lol
Old 05-21-2011, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by ZeeSNuttS
looks good! but the floor mats got to go but better then nothing I guess lol

or maybe clean the mud off them lol
thanks! hahaha there clean now. I dont want to get the stock ones all messed up so I got these just for keeping the carpet clean and nothing else. I know there pretty bad.. lol But the last a lot longer then the crappy cloth ones they sell.

I also just added another mod on the exterior lol
Old 05-21-2011, 09:38 PM

wow, I didn't know the dimmer would with the LED's, I'm not an electrical engineer but is there any reason to be concerned about the LED's & the dimmer control module not working right together are possibly being a fire risk? have you researched this or have any source that addresses this issue? I would definitly be interested in doing exactly what you did but i want to know that it is safe, If you dont mind, go ahead and post the Parts list you used, I know the Gauge lights are T10's but I dont remember the Spec for the Shifter, Door, and other lights.

thanks
Old 05-21-2011, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by Evolution223
wow, I didn't know the dimmer would with the LED's, I'm not an electrical engineer but is there any reason to be concerned about the LED's & the dimmer control module not working right together are possibly being a fire risk? have you researched this or have any source that addresses this issue? I would definitly be interested in doing exactly what you did but i want to know that it is safe, If you dont mind, go ahead and post the Parts list you used, I know the Gauge lights are T10's but I dont remember the Spec for the Shifter, Door, and other lights.

thanks
LEDs running on low voltage have no reason to catch on fire. And the dimmer will work, except it probably doesnt work like stock. Im not going to bore you with math crap, but basically the brightness of the LED is not proportional to the voltage(like a regular bulb), but to the square of the voltage. so at full brightness on the dimmer, theyre all the same. but as you start trying to dim them, theyll dim a lot faster than stock, and around halfway down, theyll probably turn off completely.
Old 05-21-2011, 11:38 PM

The LEDs actually dim about half as fast, and wind up being brighter than the stock bulbs at lowest brightness.
Old 05-29-2011, 02:41 PM

Badd02 Iwant those gage covers. PLEASE TELL ME WHERE I CAN BUY THEM .your cluster looks great.I got to agree with Bloody Z thatyou need either the whole bezel or just get the ss overlay. nice work looks great!
Old 05-30-2011, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by BloodyZ28
The LEDs actually dim about half as fast, and wind up being brighter than the stock bulbs at lowest brightness.
that would drive me crazy, I dont like having the lights bright at night, infact if I'm on cruise control I usally turn the gaugrs completely off, it helps me focus on the road,

but if there was someway to fix that problem I would be all for doing it to my car. You could probably wire in resistors or something in the line from the dimmer to the lights to get them to work correctly, again I'm no eletrical engineer, but I would be worried about the lower voltage of the LED's causing the Dimmer unit to possibly overheat, i admit I don't remember how the dimmer works.

Last edited by Evolution223; 05-30-2011 at 12:19 AM.
Old 05-30-2011, 04:20 PM

I love the led mod can U send me a part list as well. and if its not to much trouble explain how u wired them in great job bro
Old 05-31-2011, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by OutlawPerforman
I love the led mod can U send me a part list as well. and if its not to much trouble explain how u wired them in great job bro
Yeah sure man I'll just post it to this thread. I will also P/M you with it also.

And thanks man I like the new mods a lot. They look SOOOO much better then the stock ones. DEF do it man!

Only costs about $55.
Old 05-31-2011, 05:26 PM

Created new thread with pics on how to and directions with details on how to chnage out the stock bulbs with led's. Check it out!