Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Neon underbody lights??

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2003, 04:44 PM

Neon underbody lights??

Does anybody have these on a camaro?? I have mixed feeling about these...they look ok on some cars but at the same time it screams RICER!...........anyway does anybody have pics of this im not really considering getting them but im curious as to how they look on a camaro.
Old 08-27-2003, 08:04 PM

i have them and have some pics on my website. the pics on the website hardly show any glow though, cuz i was a moron and used the flash... still mad at myself at being that dumb.

anyway, it looks awesome. it doesn't look ricer-ish at all, b/c its not paired with ugly decals, a fart can and 5000 stickers.

imho, neon looks amazing on a camaro, if you get the right color. blue looks classy and hot. so does red. green, pink, purple, etc. look girly and ricer-ish.

neon does not = ricer, unless the driver sincerly believes that the neon makes the car faster and has a million decals and tries to pass their car off as type r, etc. however, i do consider lightning tubes and tubes that beat to the music to be rather ricer-ish.

i also have 1 neon tube under my passenger dash and am going to follow the lead of another camaro owner on this board and am going to light up my heater vents with blue neon/LED lights.
Old 08-27-2003, 10:05 PM

I've got 3 on my car right now. One between each door sill and seat, and on under the trunk, behind the license plate.

The ones by the seats really give a kind of 'surreal' lighting to driving it, and the one in the back is only hooked to the brake lights. Rear Neon

One of my best non-HP mods would be my light-up shift ****. Shifter

I got it from www.flameball.com and I think it's the Red Flame on Black- 5 color flame. They've changed their catalog around a little since I got mine. They've got all colors and even some with Peweter figurines inside the ****.

Fred
Old 08-27-2003, 10:19 PM

to the flameball shifter.

i'm gettin the blue flames on the black in an automatic
those things are sweet
Old 08-27-2003, 10:29 PM

That's awesome about the shifter.

Could I offer a little advice? If they don't sell them with the brass insert already in them, go ahead and splurge for it. Actually... I'm not sure if Autos need the insert? Mine just screws onto the shifter like a bottle top. Anyway, the insert goes into the **** itself and instead of attaching the 'glass' that the **** is made of, you've got some metal to work with. It seemed kinda.... fragile until I got the insert.

The nice touch I added was the biggest heat-shrink I could find and covered the whole post to hide the wire.

Fred
Old 08-28-2003, 08:21 AM

Nah neons are alright in my opinions. Thats probably cause i got orange underbody kit on my car. I say get them.
Old 08-28-2003, 11:41 AM

I had neons on my red '94 and they looked really good. As long as you don't put neon all over the car (valve stems, windshield washer nozzles, all over the interior) it wont look ricer-ish. Neon looks good when done with taste. Just make sure you can't see the tubes under the car, just the glow (tubes showing is tacky IMO). If anyone gets one of those flame-ball ***** for an automatic, post a pic, those things look sweet!