Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Mouting fglights on a formula, problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2002, 01:15 PM

Mounting foglights on a Formula, problems

I put some pilot foglights on my 93 formula and mounted them to the black plastic nostril covers, but they arent secure, when im driving, the lights are bouncing all over the place, i looked at "formula power" site and he said to use doublesided tape?? I WOULD SAY MOUNT THEM THE WAY THE CAMARO ONES ARE MOUNTED but how are they mounted??

has anyone done this???

Last edited by spoogen622; 12-10-2002 at 05:50 PM.
Old 12-10-2002, 05:26 PM

Lightbulb

Sorry I can't help you on how to fix it, but I replied to let you know you are not alone. I put my foglights in the same place, the black plastic part, and mine bounce around as well.

Maybe you can drill into the facia; have the lights hang from the top?
Old 12-11-2002, 02:50 AM

Did you use a round or square light? Mine have been n my car for 5 years now with no problems. The camaro uses a metal braket, I think the W66 Firebird (the V-6 with factory foglights and body kit) uses the same set up. The only other thing I could suggest is to pull the black covers back off drill the braket you have and mount them with small bolts. If you have any questions drop me a e-mail. Buy the way the page you were talking about is mine.
Old 12-11-2002, 06:34 AM

Well, I would have had that problem with the aftermarket Pilot fog's I put in my Camaro...but I mounted the bracket to the fascia...like David suggested...

Try checking out my install guide for them in my signature, and you can see how I done it...I don't have any acutal install pics, but there's enough there to give you the idea.

Without seeing it all though, I don't really know what they problem is, but if my mind serves me correctly, you are just putting them in the two odd shaped openings in the front of the bumber? If that's the case, I would say mounting them to the fascia would be your only option...

My guide also has pics of how the Camaro bracket's are, so you can see the difference, good luck.
Old 12-11-2002, 10:43 AM

Where can i find the camaro foglight brackets? I think that would solve my problem, I have the rectangular lights so the camaro brackets should work
hey craig your site helped alot, thanks
Old 12-11-2002, 10:53 AM

Originally posted by spoogen622
Where can i find the camaro foglight brackets? I think that would solve my problem, I have the rectangular lights so the camaro brackets should work
I would say trying the For Sale section and look for people parting out wrecked 93-97's...other than that, maybe e-Bay or your local junk-yard...good luck...

P.S. If it was my site that you mentioned helped...good, I'm glad it could be of some assistance to you as well as Camaro owners... (My name's Dalton, you mentioned Craig...) If it was Craig's, then just ignore this whole paragraph...
Old 12-11-2002, 11:25 AM

I can email you a picture of my Hella lights in a 93 Formula. They are TIGHT and don't bounce. I hate seeing a nice car riding down the road with the fogs bouncing. I looked around for a while until I found these. You'd have to obviously buy new lights but they WILL work. Let me know if you or anyone wants the pics.
Good luck.
Old 12-11-2002, 04:58 PM

Originally posted by spoogen622
No problem. Drop Kerry at Lamberts auto salvage a line he should be able to help with the brackests.
Old 12-11-2002, 07:09 PM

dalton your site helped me to see that i need the camaro foglight brackets, so thanks a bunch!!!!!