Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Lots of GREAT ebay finds of the day!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 12:07 PM

Lots of GREAT ebay finds of the day!

Wow, what a day! Lots of great stuff!

Let's first start off with what was my dream car when I first joined this message board in May 2002. As a tiny amount of history, we have owned our '95 Z28 since basically new. We aren't technically the first owners because the car started life as a demo car (test drive car) at the dealership and was then given to the owner's wife who proceeded to scare herself in the rain in it one day, which resulted in the car being put on the lot for sale with about 3000 miles. I was basically brought up riding in the backseat of that car, so I am very sentimental when it comes to that car and other '93-'97 Camaros. Fast forward to November 2001, and my mom bought her 35th Anniversary Camaro SS new, and it has been with us ever since.

When I first came to this board, I had already been on other Camaro sites looking up information and such, particularly a big fan of Camarosource.ca. Anyway, after looking at his site, and I knew exactly what I wanted. I wanted a '96 medium quasar blue Z28 with the ultra rare chrome salad shooters (only available in '96) and with the charcoal/graphite/whatever leather interior. An automatic because I suck at manual transmissions and don't particularly like shifting all that much. Now look what shows up on ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1996-...ayphotohosting

Gorgeous! Too bad it is no longer my dream, but wow, just wow. Wish I had that in high school when I joined this board.

Next we have a '97 SS with only 7100 miles on it. How can you get much better than this? I mean really. In my opinion, this has to be the most beautiful Camaro ever made. If I didn't have an attraction to rarity, I'd want one of these. Too bad black wasn't a rare color!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1997-...ayphotohosting
How can you possibly get more beautiful than that? "No T-tops would be better looking!" Ok... true.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:13 PM

Next we have a very rare car that has unfortunately been modified and is no longer original. This is one of the 55 Callaway SuperNatural Camaros made. It has the SuperNatural 450 engine, which was the top model 383 LT1 Callaway would put in a Camaro (excluding of course the 1 SuperNatural 500).

I know this car, and know the original owner, so I know how it used to look.

How it used to look when new:

How it looks now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CALLA...ayphotohosting

Still a pretty car in a custom color (Torch Red) with a lot of high dollar parts, but with the changes made to it, it looks like it's just another do-it-yourself Camaro owner's car. The wheel change in particular makes me a bit angry honestly.

And the last find of the day is this ZL1 tribute car. I believe I recognize this car from LS1tech or some other message board. I remember he was getting a lot of crap for making a replica. It looks great though, so I think it's awesome.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002-...ayphotohosting
Old 07-07-2009, 11:16 PM

all gorgeous cars. Nice finds, I especially like the blue z28
Old 07-08-2009, 09:02 PM

Brangeta, heres where you recognize the ZL1 tribute car from
https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=696951
Old 07-08-2009, 09:57 PM

Nah, I saw it a few months ago when the guy was still getting it made. Pretty sure it was on LS1tech.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:00 AM

I still love those Chrome Salad Shooters. I actually bought a set but sold them before I ever put them on.

Is that "Torch Red Camaro" painted the same Torch Red that C5 Vettes came, or the Ford Torch Red? To me Torch Red always looked like a Red-Orange color, but in those pictures it looks really dark. I was thinking of painting my 93 Camaro Torch Red, so I'm really interested in that.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:16 AM

that black 97 SS makes me cry...that was my car until i smashed it up. that is going on 5 years ago now
Old 07-15-2009, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Counted Out
I still love those Chrome Salad Shooters. I actually bought a set but sold them before I ever put them on.

Is that "Torch Red Camaro" painted the same Torch Red that C5 Vettes came, or the Ford Torch Red? To me Torch Red always looked like a Red-Orange color, but in those pictures it looks really dark. I was thinking of painting my 93 Camaro Torch Red, so I'm really interested in that.
It's the Corvette Torch Red.