Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Lambo door kit especially made for camaro 375.00!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2003, 05:51 AM

I hope it is at least a decent kit. It would kind of bit to lift up your door and BAM your door falls on you as your getting out of the car. Would make a funny vid though.
Old 08-03-2003, 08:44 PM

It looks like the guy might have stole the picture off this page:

http://www.carexcess.com/decah-civic.html

scroll down a littl eand you'll see the blue civic...appears the ebay photo that guy used is the same car but the pic has been cropped to remove the 'www.carexcess.com' logo. Who knows...could be a generic manufacturer photo they're both using? Either way seems silly to have a cheap kit like that and expect it to hold up camaro door for too long before breaking.
Old 08-03-2003, 09:07 PM

Originally posted by Cerwin Vega Fan
I hope it is at least a decent kit. It would kind of bit to lift up your door and BAM your door falls on you as your getting out of the car. Would make a funny vid though.
Ahh, that would be great to see. Some guy gettin' out of his ricey Camaro with Lambo doors thinkin' he's hot ****. Then they fall on him.
Old 08-04-2003, 08:04 AM

Shoot...I hope it works out!
Old 08-04-2003, 10:37 AM

Even if by some small chance it is legit, i would bet my car that they are the cheapest doors ever made!
Old 08-04-2003, 11:24 AM

well...they aren't doors...they're the hinges.
Old 08-06-2003, 11:22 AM

bradleypeart,
funny how you say "Ricey camaro with lambo doors" and you have some cheap @$$ $150 altezza lights on your car.

Incase you didn't know, ALTEZZA LIGHTS STARTED OF with imports. So how come you are rice but yet an expensive and VERY NICE LOOKING lambo door setup is?

idiots, they NEVER think before they speak.

FOR EVERYONE ELSE.
Here is the research I did for the doors. We need at least 250 lb of pressure b/c 150 won't stay up holding our doors. Not only does it have to lift the door, but it has to put excess pressure on it to push the door up. So the shock has to be able to lift more then the doors weight. 250 pounds should be fine, but I don't think 150 would be all that safe. For any other information, just email me. I've been doing tons of research. Also do a search for "lambo doors" on this board.
Old 08-06-2003, 01:32 PM

From the pics I've seen, it looks like it would be a bitch to climb in and out of the car. The doors aren't really shaped right to for a jacknife opening like that. Lambo's have swept back angle on the leading edge of the door to maximize entry/exit once open.
Old 08-06-2003, 06:56 PM

White Z,
**** man, take that stick out of your a$s and relax. I don't give a **** that "ALTEZZA LIGHTS STARTED OF with imports". Nor do I give a **** if you think my Camaro is rice. Also, I never said that the lambo doors are ricey. (Please, pay attention)

I'm sure your altezzas are much less ricey than mine.

Uppity a$s people around here.
Old 08-06-2003, 07:03 PM

No feedback rating, low price (too low!!), registered last week....... I would'nt trust it. I shop on Ebay all the time but this one does'nt look legit at all. If he does'nt provide you with a phone number and address that "you" can verify, dont mess wit it. He could be new and have no business yet, but I dont want to be the first customer or the first victim.

The lowest price I found for the bracket kit was $600, I doubt if he sells them to wharehouses for $1600 that he can sell them on Ebay for $375 w/ a $25.00 shipping charge. Why take a $1200 loss on a product thats guaranteed to sell like hotcakes, think about it people. If you do order from him dont come to the board cryin!!!!

Basically DONT DO IT!!!!!!!

I also agree with indieaz, that is the same blue civic from decah and the logo has been removed, more proof of a scam at work
Old 08-06-2003, 08:14 PM
Super Moderator

Lets please keep this reasonable guys. Thanks!
Old 08-27-2003, 05:25 PM
Super Moderator

Well...

This is a very small world... read on

Before you get too far into this, I still say that while it is always good to do your homework and research when purchasing something, to immediately call it a SCAM was a bit harsh in my opinion. However, you guys were right

I get the paper today and what is on the front page of my little home town newspaper???

Sheriff's office probes Internet scam, two men arrested

I read on in the article and it was exactly like what was being talked about in this thread! These guys are right near me!!!

Here you go for your reading pleasure...

http://www.chronicleonline.com/artic...ews/news03.txt

Pretty funny how we were talking about this here and then it appears to be guys in my area selling them!!!
Old 08-27-2003, 05:29 PM

Well I want to see pics then of the guy who said has a kit and said he is getting it installed.
Old 08-27-2003, 06:35 PM

Look at his feed back now....he has a few negatives showing that he is a con artist
Old 08-27-2003, 06:44 PM
Super Moderator

Originally posted by Cerwin Vega Fan
Well I want to see pics then of the guy who said has a kit and said he is getting it installed.
By the article it does seem like they were sending out hinges and actuators but just not very good ones... nothing that could support the weight of a car door

So, while they weren't just taking your money and running, they were "misrepresenting" the product they were selling because the people who won the auctions actually did get something... just not what they thought. Like I said in the beginning, the quality may not be very good.