Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

How many different kinds of white are their?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2003, 02:19 AM

Question How many different kinds of white are their?

So I was coming out of a parking lot and a group of about four people said they liked my car. I said thanks, and one of the guys in the group said what kind of white is that? I said stock (not really knowing why he was even asking that question) and replied by saying not that is not a stock color that is a different kind of white. I said well I'm not sure, I didn't buy the car new. So anyway I was wondering are their different kinds of white paint? I mean I never noticed but one of the girls in the group had a new white Impala and after I looked at it for a while I noticed their was a difference. I'm asking because I need to get certain parts of the car repainted like the bumper and the trunk and I don't want to end with different shades of white.

Thanks,

Chris
Old 07-06-2003, 09:24 AM

There are basically an infinite amount of whites... just as there are blacks... or any other color fot that matter...

For example... Most blacks have blue tint in them... but that can be more or less than others, etc etc etc...

Old 07-06-2003, 10:14 AM

My car color is arctic white, which has a blue tint to it. When I bought my car, the previous owner had the ultra-z hood painted without maching the color to the car so the hood had a pink tint to it. You can't tell unless the two colors are right next to each other. I brought my car to a paint & body shop and now the hood matches perfectly.
Old 07-06-2003, 06:25 PM

Yup, Arctic White is the official GM color name.

I have the 1995 Firebird sales brochure, and the color is Arctic white.
Old 07-06-2003, 06:30 PM

Well the car was repainted due to the fact it was wrecked. However I'm not sure it was repainted the same color, I have seen white Camaro before and for some reason my paint looks different. Mine seems more glossy and not quite as dull(maybe it is because my car is clean).