Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Help with egged car

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2003, 03:00 AM

Help with egged car

Yeah, comming out of school today, and noticed a crowd gathered around my car. Get up there, and my camaro was covered in eggs. Even worse, the part down below the winshield wipers had fish stuck down in there. Someone obviously has a problem with me, and couldnt confront me to my face. Word will get back to me though, and they will pay. Anyways, I got all the eggs off, but i cannot get the smell to go away. Whenever i turn the air on (hot or cold) i get this horrible fish smell. The outside of the car smells horrible too. What are you guys' suggestions on how to get rid of the smell? I got a date tomorrow night, so any help is greatly appreciated. thanks fellas!

hahah, i was pissed, and smoked my tires commin out the school, got to the carwash, and my friend jason goes "GOD! now it smells like burnt breakfast!" haha, i am keepin my cool about it, thought that was kinda funny though.
Old 03-29-2003, 06:57 AM

You might wanna try posting this in the show and shine forum. Those guys may have some answers for ya. As far as your date...you may want to borrow your parent's car.

-Mike
Old 03-29-2003, 12:29 PM

Re: Help with egged car

Originally posted by The Captain
hahah, i was pissed, and smoked my tires commin out the school, got to the carwash, and my friend jason goes "GOD! now it smells like burnt breakfast!"
HAHAHAHA!!!! LOL, what a great joke!

My car was egged twice; but it never smelled like yours does

I remember reading about this stuff that cleans up the HVAC system in cars. You need to find the place where it hooks up into, and the stuff sprays into it. The it cleans out the whole HVAC system, and is supposed to leave the car smelling like citrus.

I don't know what it is or where it goes, but I'm sure someone in Show & Shine will know more about this product. It may help.
Old 03-29-2003, 01:13 PM

Re: Help with egged car

hahah, i was pissed, and smoked my tires commin out the school, got to the carwash, and my friend jason goes "GOD! now it smells like burnt breakfast!" haha, i am keepin my cool about it, thought that was kinda funny though.
Black 1999 3.8L Camaro

Ohh, come on. Let's not over exaggerate!

!AIR fresheners
Old 03-29-2003, 01:25 PM

there's an air filter in the vent, you will have to change it, but that probably wont fix all the problem.

there is a k&n replacement, but i wouldnt pay that much for it.

good luck, try tearing apart the windshield assy and cleaning it as well
Old 03-29-2003, 01:33 PM

Seriously? There is actually filters in the HVAC system?
How often should a person change them?
I've never heard of this before on our cars.........
Old 03-29-2003, 04:00 PM

hahah our school parking lot is brand new, and its that real slick asphault, a geo metro could spin tires in there.........but its the point......yall know how it is when your really pissed off, and you just dont give a F***, thats how I was.
Old 03-29-2003, 11:02 PM

yeah **** her too......how i pick her up, we all hangin out in town, and she ends up with this other dude by the end of the night. I swear, i really really dont understand women.
Old 03-30-2003, 03:02 AM
Banned

yeah **** her too......how i pick her up, we all hangin out in town, and she ends up with this other dude by the end of the night. I swear, i really really dont understand women.
Your car and your woman.. tough luck man
Old 03-30-2003, 08:36 AM

haha....
Old 03-30-2003, 08:55 AM

She probably ditched you because she thought you smelled funny. When in fact, it was your car! SEE!!! I TOLD YOU TO TAKE YOUR PARENT'S CAR!!!!

-Mike
Old 03-30-2003, 09:13 AM

oh nah, actually I got the smell to go away. Here is what I did. I bought this air sanitizer stuff from walmart and sprayed it in the vents where they stuck the fish. This eliminated the fish smell completley. (Thanks to Bliggida for the suggestion) Now I had this sanitizer smell in my car (which wasnt that bad, but still wasnt pleasant) so I sprayed my whole interior down with that febrezze stuff. A few hours later, after that dried, I just stuck 3 air freshners in there, and wouldnt you know, the smell was gone! The smell was still there a little on the outside, but mostly all you could smell was lemon from that lemon wax stuff they put on at the automatic car washes. So yeah, thats how I got the smell to go away