Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

GTS solar wing?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2002, 04:32 PM
Super Moderator

LS1rammer, I was basically playing with you because when I read your reply to camarokid I got the impression you were saying people would call his car ricey or something other than muscle if he were to put the solar wing on his car. I was only pointing you to a picture disputing what you were saying in that the car I showed you is "muscle" to most and is not "ricey" to most. If done with the right scheme, the wing can look pretty good IMO. I made no assumptions and based my reply exactly on what you typed. I also did not quote only a part of your reply with the intentions of changing what you were attempting to say as you seem to imply. I was only quoting the relevant portion which we were talking about and that was calling a car "rice" because it had the solar wing. In fact, if you think I should have quoted the entire sentence then go ahead and tack on the rest... it only further enforces what I was pointing out... the car I linked to IS a muscle car (depending on your definition but an 11 second Camaro has got some muscle!) and is not a ricey looking car to the majority of people who see it. Heck, that car got the most awards and probably the best award at the last national F-Body Gathering in Atlanta where there were, I believe, 325+ Camaros and Firebirds.

Anyway, I was only trying to point out that the solar wing doesn't necessarily scream RICE. Since neither one of us has understood the other since this started and doesn't appear we ever will, I'm done
Old 12-24-2002, 05:58 PM

Talking

Brent94z quote

Heck, that car got the most awards and probably the best award at the last national F-Body Gathering in Atlanta where there were, I believe, 325+ Camaros and Firebirds.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes I did, and I was totally surprised and VERY grateful to the people that voted my car " Best Of Show " ...Gezz..... Just think what I might have got if I took that " Rice " Shade off............J/K ...

Thank you all for understanding that I do things Different, and like Bon Jovi says......" It's My Life And I Did It My Way.......I Did It My Way !!!!

.............Cos..............
Old 12-24-2002, 07:11 PM

Unhappy

2CNTRY...

Awww come on man your killin me here

those tail light covers are my fav .....!!!

I can do without all the rest ...let me keep them

>>>>>>>>>Cos <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Old 12-24-2002, 07:23 PM

Talking

2CNTRY

Thanks Dude !!!!!

WeeeeeeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaaaaa

BUT you would not believe the money I have in that car....

kinda like none ...nada...none....S&*^ my other hobbies cost me a LOT more then My SS Did !!
Old 12-24-2002, 08:58 PM

Brent, it's all cool man. Just a misunderstanding between the two of us. I'm not trying to spark you or start an argument.
And to clear up a point, I did not say the car is rice or is ricey. Simply stating that I know some people would.
Any F-Body I see is muscle, no matter what other depictions. I've been around these cars for several years, loving my long line of the ones that I have owned.
One of my friends has a 10 second Z28 with one of those so called spoilers that should only belong to imports that are riced out. I'd never call that thing rice!

Forgive any misunderstanding between us. Don't need to start out on a bad foot with any one.

Pro/Street SS, you've got one heck of a car there! Saw it at the gathering in Atlanta. And I am not calling your car rice or the solar wing rice.

Last edited by LS1rammer; 12-24-2002 at 09:00 PM.
Old 01-05-2003, 09:25 PM

Can't we all just get along

Brent, control these people!
Old 01-05-2003, 09:37 PM

I kind of like the wing, if you ask me. It's a nice, subtle body enhancement