Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

GREAT upgrade for those crappy headlights!! (photos w/ in)

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2003, 01:25 AM

Do they have any bigger ones than the 90mm? I think it'd be cool to have the low beams bigger than the high beams. It'd give it a more aggressive look IMO.
Old 01-16-2003, 06:23 AM

Yes they do make bigger ones...exactly like the 90mm but bigger. They are 120mm, but I don't think/doubt very seriously that you could get them to fit between the hood and front clip underneath the headlights. Plus you would just about have to have a custom mounting piece made after you removed the stock mounting equipment to gain enough clearance.

But I see what would be most excellent about this. It would give it a more '69 Camaro headlight look.
Old 01-16-2003, 01:54 PM

I bought the low beams, they are hell trying to align them

http://www.sounddomain.com/id/roberto_trevino/
Old 01-16-2003, 09:13 PM

Originally posted by robert_T
I bought the low beams, they are hell trying to align them

http://www.sounddomain.com/id/roberto_trevino/
Really? How did you mount them? I did not have any problems, it does take some iterations, because you can't really adjust headlights well just in front of a wall, I adjust them as good as I can with a wall in the garage, but after driving a bit, you tend to give another turn or so. I had to do that when I was adjusting my stock lights too. BTW, are you talking about adjusting left to right, up and down or rotation wise (to get the cutoff horizontal)?

BTW, I promised some pics of the lighting on the road, I made them tonight, they are on my ftp site, Loc stands for location then I took some low and then high beam pics, so you guys can compare. I think Loc2 gives the best idea of how it looks, those were taken on a road with some stuff on teh side of the road, so you can better see where the light goes. It's difficult to get a picture to show the sharp cutoff on the road though, it doesn't look as sharp on the pics as it does in real life. This is the best I could do on the road tho...

http://bellsouthpwp.net/m/u/mulgeary

Still working on the write-up.....

Sam

Last edited by Sam95ZNoTop; 01-16-2003 at 09:18 PM.
Old 01-17-2003, 01:12 AM

I didn't get the cut off horizonal, it's kinda diagonal... like yours
Old 01-17-2003, 06:42 AM

Well, in light of the new and better pics, I would like to ask once again for anyone who has the FF75's, and Paul in particular, since he is running 100w bulbs as I would, how does the picture comparison look? (And I know that pictures tell things differently...) But just from what you can tell, what do you think? Is it worth paying double the price for some FF75's? I know you said the last time that the beam cutoff seamed a little cleaner, but I just want the more brightness factor...Like does the FF75 throw the beam out there that far, etc...

Sam, not bashing your upgrade at all buddy...just want to make sure before I spend anything over $100 on headlights. There's quite a bit I could do with $130+, and especially $300...
Thanks for taking the time though to fool with this, I know it takes a while. I worked on my Fog Light install guide for at least about 25 hours...

Old 01-17-2003, 08:26 PM

Originally posted by robert_T
I didn't get the cut off horizonal, it's kinda diagonal... like yours
It may seem diagonal in the pics, because the diagonal part of the beam is where the hot spot is and that shows up best in the pictures. I assure you that the horizontal part of the beam (left and right of the middle) is perfectly horizontal. I paid extra attention to that when I installed them, because I read on some other guys website that it's very frustrating if it isn't horizontal. I just looked through my pictures again and understand that it looks that way, but that's not the way it looks on the road. The right hand part is supposed to be a little higher than the left, that way you can see the edge of the road a little farther ahead.

Sam
Old 01-17-2003, 08:41 PM

Originally posted by 94BlackBowtie

Sam, not bashing your upgrade at all buddy...just want to make sure before I spend anything over $100 on headlights. There's quite a bit I could do with $130+, and especially $300...
Thanks for taking the time though to fool with this, I know it takes a while. I worked on my Fog Light install guide for at least about 25 hours...

Not taking it that way at all!! I'm not , I'm (but then without the sunglasses, that's with the stock lighting!! ) I'm just trying to supply as much info as possible so you guys can make an informed decision. I was considering the FF75's too at first, I may still use a pair (or it's little brother the FF50) to replace the fogs and have them come one with the highs for even more light. It's true that the 90mm's are twice as expensive. I already went though a round of upgrading the lights and wanted to fix it once and for all, so I was not gonna run the risk of having another pair of lights gathering dust in the garage over $150. That's just my view on it.

Let me know if you need any more info!

Sam
Old 01-17-2003, 09:01 PM

The new lighting looks great compared to the old style lighting!

But honestly, I would never put those lights in if I had a 93-97 Camaro. I just don't like the whole circular lights; it looks like it is bugging out. I would rather put in rectangular lights. JMO.
Old 01-17-2003, 09:44 PM

Talking

Originally posted by Sam95ZNoTop
I was considering the FF75's too at first, I may still use a pair (or it's little brother the FF50) to replace the fogs and have them come one with the highs for even more light.
Sam, with the round headlights you installed, I would go with the FF50s since they have a more rounded shape to them. That way it may carry the rounded look down to the fogs and match up with the headlights.

Oh...and when it warms up here (it's supposed to be 9* tonight! ) I am planning on taking quite a few pictures when I install my FF75s. I already have them, 100w Cuzo HyperWhites, and am waiting on my Nokya foglight bulbs. Maybe that'll really help out some people to be able to compare the two...like 94BlackBowtie, I know he's still torn between the two
Old 01-19-2003, 04:08 PM

Someone decided to smack my car, it's going as a no-fault, so I have to pay and my rates go up (grrr) but I need a new bumper, hood, paint, fogs, headlights, turn signals, and hood hinges. Otherwise the car is fine, it hit the very front and was a sideways impact. The bumper on the sides up to the turn signals was still attached and half the honeycomb stuff was still there too. And that stupid piece that holds the headlights there too. I'm going to try to see if I can convince the insurance company to let the place I go do an estimate at the cost and then take that to fix it. So in that case, where the 4351/4352's are $25 each and the ff75's are $59 a pair, I'm going to try to get it all redone that way and have them fab up some way to make it legal (if they can) also I'm going to try for an SS hood too, but we'll see how that goes...
Old 01-19-2003, 08:08 PM

Since you have to replace that whole front part, you should just do a 98+ conversion and put some nice HID's in there. I think it'd be alot easier.
Old 01-20-2003, 12:34 AM

Fenders and all are good. And honestly, I prefer the look of the 93-97 front end.
Old 01-23-2003, 12:27 AM

Well Sam, thanks for throwing up the pictures with them on road. I definately gotta check out my lights tomorrow nite, and then check out your pics again.
Im hoping to get them soon.
Old 03-12-2003, 01:32 AM

Front page please. Lets get this thread going again for the guys that just got their lights in the mail.

Quick Reply: GREAT upgrade for those crappy headlights!! (photos w/ in)