Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

GREAT upgrade for those crappy headlights!! (photos w/ in)

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2005, 08:57 PM

Re: GREAT upgrade for those crappy headlights!! (photos w/ in)

Originally Posted by Z28Nut
Sam95zNoTop -- Found a link that had some possibilities for a more bolt-in like kit. It's for a Miata but the idea could be applied to the 93-97. Remove stock lights and brackets, drop this unit in, attatch to existing mounting points, plug in adapter harness, and voila! Let me know what ya think.

http://www.midtennmiata.com/round_headlights.htm

I think that's Mid Tennessee Miata, not mid tens Miata
I found that kit too, when I was researching the 90mm's, then I measured some stuff on my car and figured it would probably be easier to just mount them myself. That way they would be spaced just right in the available opening... But thanks for the tip!

There's also a kit for the RX7 with custom carbon bezel that looks real cool! But it probably won't fit....

Sam
Old 01-03-2005, 10:21 PM

Sam -- I was thinking about designing a similar kit for the 93-97's that would be custom fit to our cars and selling it

My Dad's an engineer and I have a CAD program . . . could be scary

Last edited by Z28Nut; 01-03-2005 at 10:31 PM.
Old 01-04-2005, 09:31 PM

holy cow i just got the 90 MM h7 in the mail and DAMN they are HUGE and insaine and awsome lol

ill take pics tomrow when i can jack the camera from my sister lol
Old 01-04-2005, 10:35 PM

ErockZ28 -- They sure are pretty, aren't they? Just wait till ya get them in and aimed. The light quality is incredible and with the HIDs, will be absolutely dazzling
Old 01-05-2005, 11:58 AM

hehe i cant wait to get them in --- looks like its gonna be a tight fight lol but my boy owns a customs shop and he does work like this all day long so wont be hard for him lol
Old 01-12-2005, 05:46 PM

Has anyone tried the SilverStar lights made for our cars? Do those look good? Or they brighter than the stocks or can you tell a different? Those are only about $25 each, so $100 for all 4 and you don't have to cut or customize anything just plug them right in... Aret hose a good way to do?
Old 01-13-2005, 12:08 AM

JAG05 -- Last week I checked Sylvania's website and they don't list the SilverStars to fit our cars (93-97 Camaro). About the easiest upgrade for the headlights is the FF75 install and if you get a good deal on the FF75 lights, you can get all 4 for less than $80. IMO the Hellas would blow away the SilverStars for light output anyway.
Old 01-22-2005, 01:08 PM

just a quick update i got the 8000k HID Conversion H7 kit in the mail today 280 shipped off ebay not bad at all imo

im talkin to my boy who does custom cars for a living to see what he wants to do more to come soon
Old 01-23-2005, 01:23 PM

im goin into the shop tomorow and it should be done tomorow night ill try and take sum pics
Old 01-25-2005, 05:12 PM

HOLY CRAP IS THIS BRIGHT lol --- if anyone wants to see the road for a change do wut i did h7 HID's in the h7 90mm Hella's WOW --- we are fabing a new mounting bracket up tomorow as of right now we just got em in in a temp spot because we got to workoin on em at 11 pm lol cuz my boy moved into a new shop the day before and had **** all over we had to clean up first lol --- ill take pics asap
Old 01-25-2005, 05:18 PM

i can't wait to see pics. Especially if you had some custom braket or surround made up for them. The HIDs are sick tho, i have them on my car (there are pics in this post a few pages back) but i put them in 90mm H9 housing so that I wouldn't have to modify the cut-off shield. Are you having your friend custom fab up something to go around the open area as well? That would be awsome, but IMO, the 90mms are pretty big and fill up the space quite well, i don't have anything around mine and you can't really tell because they are set back pretty far.
Old 01-26-2005, 10:42 AM

well im having problems right now with the passanger side might be a bulb or ballast or a fuse but i have to go to class then work and wont be to the shop till 6 or 7 tonight so hopefully by the weekend i get everything sorted out (that and i dont wanna drive with 1 light on although its still brighter then stock with just 1)
Old 01-26-2005, 09:17 PM

just got back 1 bulb the lil metal peace broke so i gotta get a new one of those but they are mounted and are locked in place lol --- we didnt use stock mounting and we cut a little more ill post pics when its all done and new bulb is back
Old 01-26-2005, 09:26 PM

I just ordered my 90 mm Hellas this morning and I also got a set of headlight covers from Jeg's. Can wait to get started on this project.
Old 01-28-2005, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Violat0rX
i can't wait to see pics. Especially if you had some custom braket or surround made up for them.
I would be interested to see some kind of surround!

The HIDs are sick tho, i have them on my car (there are pics in this post a few pages back) but i put them in 90mm H9 housing so that I wouldn't have to modify the cut-off shield.
I am in the process of putting some D2S bulbs in my H9 90mm's. I thought you had H7's (mentioned that in your post with the pics a few pages back). I basically found that you can perfectly well put the bulb through the regular bulb hole without having to increase the hole size like they say to do on the faq.lighting... Just riggin it to see what the beam pattern looks like produced pretty good results. I now have one bulb retainer assembly ready and I will put it all together and see what it looks like in a little bit more detail. I also made a cap over the HV connector to weatherproof it (you never know with those open headlights... 23kV on startup is not something to get damp ) Overall, it's a pretty sturdy and watertight assembly. How did you end up putting your D2S in the 90mm's?

Are you having your friend custom fab up something to go around the open area as well? That would be awsome, but IMO, the 90mms are pretty big and fill up the space quite well, i don't have anything around mine and you can't really tell because they are set back pretty far.
I agree completely! The longer I have them on my car, the more I am thinking I will leave it without any covers on. A little bit more filling up in between the lights would be welcome though. Don't have any ideas on thsi though....

Sam

Quick Reply: GREAT upgrade for those crappy headlights!! (photos w/ in)