Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Got my car back from the bodyshop!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2003, 12:19 AM

Got my car back from the bodyshop!

I picked it up friday, they messed up the front end on it. The color doesn't match for ****.. but they said (and i got it in writing) that they would fix it for free in about a month, so the fresh paint will have time to get hard. So ignore the front bumper's color, pretend that it matches.. I put on most of the vinyl kit that i got. And you can also see my new foglights in the pictures too.

Here is a link to the page where i put up all the new pictures, but if your internet is slow, and won't load them all, here is the best picture out of them all..

I'm so happy i got my baby back, its been there for almost two weeks..
Old 08-10-2003, 02:18 AM

sorry, but i gotta say something about the bodyshop that did the paint!

"are they smokin crack or what"
that isn't even close!!

they said that they won't redo it for a month becuase the paint is still soft ??
if that is the case, i would make them replace the whole front bumper cover with a new one, and paint it A.S.A.P.......... you shouldn't have to wait for the paint to supposedly get hard !

sorry, but i had to rant......... some body shops are just plain ignorant!!

"DEFINETLY A SWEET RIDE THO"
Old 08-10-2003, 10:48 AM

The car was wrecked before, so the front of the car was blended before, the front it like 4 shades darker than the back, and they replaced both the front and the back bumpers this time, and they took the color off the back, you can tell by looking at the car that it was blended, and i bought both bumpers off ebay. They are going to fix it, so i'm not worried about it. As far as i knew, the car had been repainted all over, and not just blended on the front, so it isn't that much of a problem. Atleast my car isn't Cyclamen in the middle, with a black top, a red front bumper, and a white rear bumper anymore. All in all i'm pleased with it. They said if they couldn't get the front to match any better than it does now they will give me the money back on it.
Old 08-10-2003, 05:29 PM
L44

The car will look sweet as hell as soon as thats fixed, but where are you goin to get the paint work done, if they cant match paint they shouldnt be painting...yes sometimes the different varriants and toners throw it off but thats why you shoot the paint first to test it lol, i know my shop botched a few up before but it doesnt take a months time to wait to repaint...we've reshot cars the same day they got messed up the first time whether it was something in the paint or water spots. This shop doesn't seem to have the heads up on things word of advice, when gettin a car painted look for a paint mixing machine such as the new PPG mixer (thats the one we just got)....awesome machine you can match the weirdest color right down a shade of black (and yes theres different variations of black too...hard to believe but there is) This machine, microfiche, and weighing scale makes it easy to match paint that someone with the IQ of a toaster oven could do it. Its been about 98% accurate so far over 200 cars matched an we've had it for about 1 1/2 months, lemme know when its done though it will look sweet. Tell them to put a heat lamp on it that will harden the paint in minutes
Old 08-10-2003, 05:59 PM

A seperate company mixed the paint, and they shot the front and the back, and used the one off the back, and the back of the car matches perfectly, and the front bumper matches the back of the car perfectly, so its not the body shops fault that the paint place was stupid, and the body shop said that he could repaint it the next day, but the paint would probably peel since other paint was new. and its only for a few weeks, so its not that bad. He told me i can drop it off on a thursday afternoon, and pick it up the next friday. So i'll only really be out of a car for a day, which i'll just steal my mom's car from her that day, i hate driving her 2.4L 93' Cavalier.. it had no power at all..
Old 08-10-2003, 08:40 PM

Was the name of the bodyshop home of the blind.They should have blended the hole front clip.
Old 08-10-2003, 08:52 PM

i didn't want to have the front clip blended, not the rear. I don't have enough money to do that, besides the front was already blended, thats why the front bumper doesn't match.