Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Free mods :)

Old 05-05-2011, 01:56 AM

Re: Free mods :)

Originally Posted by mybadd02camaro
I am not Timothy McVeigh, Son of Sam or a "gang shooter" so I guess I am ok.....
I REALLY dont get these people, they have nothing else to do but make a SIMPLE thing of having no FRONT plate and comparing it from everything to Timothy McVeigh and gang shooters.
Wow, you people must really be nuts, because I have no front plate I am now compared to gang members and terrorists. Really????
Originally Posted by mybadd02camaro
yeah Zee I am with you man, I RESPECT ALL police officers and all that they stand for. I dont get how we went from KIDDING AND JOKING about having no front plate to now being compared to a terrorist and a murderer.

Zee, I may have an answer for you about the bike front plate, I don't quite know where you would put that plate on the front of a bike lol Maybe on the windshield?? lol
Honestly these people who have b*tched and gone on and on about this probabally have nothing else to do but drive here and ticket me.

Everyone who has a problem with the missing front plate, get off my a** move on & worry about yourself!

LETS GO BACK TO THE REAL POINT OF THE THREAD.... Zee AWESOME MODS & KEEP IT UP!!!
You completely missed my point- never did I compare you to those people. I simply stated that serious crimes have been solved through simple traffic infractions. You bitched about being bothered about something as simple as no front plate- so I provided facts as to why sometimes you being bothered might prove other intentions.

I couldn't care less if you have a front plate or no plates at all. The point was knowingly disobeying the law and then complaining about getting pulled over and getting tickets is simply laughable. So if you are sick of being hassled either put the plate on or continue to get pulled over and get tickets. Pretty simple concept if you ask me.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:04 PM

To the OP, nice mods.... Antenna shaving has been around for awhile and glad to see people are still doing it....

As for the other, ie: front plate.... States vary on codes/laws/ect... This has been a long debate on this forum on whether or not to use them on the camaros/firebirds...

Its your choice, so don't get upset when issued a citation...

Texas transportation code requires a plate to be displayed front and rear of the vehicle... Having to plate just sitting on the dash is NOT considered the front... Texas Court of appeals,Spence v. State, 296 S.W.3d 315 (Tex. App.%u2014Amarillo 2009) ruled that the plate must be in the foremost front of the vehicle. IE: front bumper....

As for the individual that says he/she is in law enforcement, you sound like a hypocrite... JMO... That what gives LEOs a bad name...

And yes, I do have both displayed...
Old 12-24-2011, 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by FreakishSpeed
there is a good reason for having a front plate.

Let me explain...

Say you have a child on the block walking with his/her parents. A gang member drives by and lights up a house that he had beef with. The bullets of course never hit their target and a stray bullet hits and kills the child immediately. The parent only gets a good look at the front of the car, but because there was no front plate they could not give an accurate description of the plate and the case goes cold.

So lets rewind a bit. You just lost a child and you cant identify the perp because he didnt have a front plate. The city/state goes wild and screams at officials that it is completely idiotic that cars dont need front plates due to vanity reasons. They would call for legislation to put forth immediately a new act stating all cars/vehicles must run a state plate in front of the vehicle. Yet, a child is dead and the person responsible will never be caught because we want to have our cars "look cool".

Now on the flip side to that is this. I dont run a front plate either. But I joined the team that gives out the tickets lol. I know I know, unfair. But it is a perk for putting my *** on the line every day/night to keep the community safe.

I know we hate things that dont make our cars look nice. I know we dont see the total picture when we argue the facts. Seriously, this really helps police/civilians identify vehicles that are up to no good.

If you run no plate and you get pulled over. Remember, there is something called "ACHIEVEMENT GOALS" We cant have "quota's" for tickets, but we have the achievement goals. Where the Captain has to make sure his staff is out there trying to bust criminals/safety violators. So if a patrol officer goes out every night and lets everyone get away with everything because he wants to be "nice", he winds up getting chewed out and loses Overtime/good posts because he is proving he is doing NOTHING while out and about.

So Police/Sheriffs have to give out summons. If you break the law (and the worst part about it is YOU KNOW YOUR BREAKING THE LAW but you categorize the violation you are breaking as "small") you must be willing to pay the price. I would love to see the people who say "They will flip out on the cop" when they get the ticket ACTUALLY FLIP OUT AND DO WHATEVER WHEN THE COP GIVES THE SUMMONS.

I am not putting anyone down in this post, or bash anyone. I am simply trying to open up some eyes as to why we have these laws in affect.

Yes some laws I BELIEVE are simply to create money for the town/city/state. But I also know if you are curtious to a law enforcement officer and show respect. I.E. take the keys out of the ignition and put them on the dashboard, roll down your window, make sure the radio is not on, take your sunglasses off, take the hate that is barely covering your eyes off, and put both hands on the steering wheel, and dont take your seatbelt off unless your asked to get out of the car, dont ask right away "officer what did I do wrong" or "officer why did you pull me over. I wasnt do anything wrong". Those things usually puts the Officer on guard and doesnt really want to let you go.

Also, remember this. TECHNICALLY if an Officer pulls you over for breaking the law, he/she is SUPPOSED to ticket you/arrest you. Remember, a ticket is in leu of an arrest. Meaning, any violation can be arrestable. I know it is PETTY but it is TRUE. So if you get an officer and you do all the little things I just pointed out, usually you will get a warning or a strict lecture (unless you really were speeding, driving erratically, disrespectful to the other drivers).

I wish everyone out there the best and hopefully you wont be pulled over for the no plate that everyone keeps off, including me.

(again, I wasnt trying to come off as a jerk. Just some friendly advice)

Peace
I live in Kansas and Wichita is one of the worst crime cities in the US per capita but we still don't use front plates, they aren't even given out at the county clerk's office.
Old 12-26-2011, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by onelt1
I live in Kansas and Wichita is one of the worst crime cities in the US per capita but we still don't use front plates, they aren't even given out at the county clerk's office.
Yeah the only time we got front tags was personalized ones but now they don't even do that. But when they did you were illegal when you didn't run it. Where are you at bro we need to meet up. Just wondering if there's a bunch of camaro guys in Wichita that hang out or not?