Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Fog Lights Upgrade???

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2004, 11:05 PM

Re: Fog Lights Upgrade???

Old 12-13-2004, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by my94blackz
If i went into advance auto and wanted a aftermarket fog light and asked for a light that fit with no modification or different brackets what could i get and whats the part number?
Yeah, im gonna agree with dmoor88 on this one
Seriously though, there is NO direct replacement, the only thing you can do is change out the bulb or do a little work and get some FF75's or Pilot Driving lights. Not saying that either of these require any major kind of work, but they do require a little bit of work.
Old 12-14-2004, 06:30 PM

There is after market fogs on mine now but there isnt a name on them. One of the bulbs blowed and they arent changeable, so i was jus gonna buy another set. Maby ill snag a picture and post them so you guys can tell me what kind they are.
Old 12-15-2004, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by my94blackz
There is after market fogs on mine now but there isnt a name on them. One of the bulbs blowed and they arent changeable, so i was jus gonna buy another set. Maby ill snag a picture and post them so you guys can tell me what kind they are.
I have never heard of a fog light that you couldn't replace the bulb on.
Are you sure on that?

My guess without knowing anything different is that it is an H3 bulb, and you have to remove the outer housing from the inner housing to get bulb access.

You might want to look at this...I seen those lights at Wal-Mart not too long ago - you can do that with minimal "outside" parts (as in, you only need a few bolts and nuts to use them with the stock stuff).
Old 12-15-2004, 12:47 PM

They dont look like those. Mine are black and oval, the bulb does not come out the back and the outer lense are sealed on. These bolt right up to the stock housings and use the screw to adjust. I tried prying the lense apart and it just started chipping.
Old 12-19-2004, 06:03 PM

i've done plenty of searching, there is NO direct replacement for the fogs other than just bulbs. you can however file down the part where the bulb inserts, remove the reflectors, and polish the reflectors. they will then be just like driving lights.

there are aftermarket foggers that you cannot replace the bulbs in, i know because walmart sells some.

the easiest and probably best way for better fogs is any aftermarket "fog" light, not driving unless you plan on doing about 150 on the back roads, and go to any "custom" paint or body shop and have them make a bracket for about 40-50 bucks, have them align them and install them for another couple. that will give you the best look, most even alignment, and best lighting. and if it's not good enough, you can take it back and have them fix what you dont like.