Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Fixing Quater panel on 4th Gen Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 09:17 PM

Unhappy Fixing Quater panel on 4th Gen Camaro

I was ran off the road by a ford truck of course it has to be a ford, It was in the rain and the guy took off. My ins wont cover it so im on my own to fix.

The passenger side rear quarter panel is pretty beat up, My first thought is it has to be section out and replaced.

A guy from craigslist has 96 and is willing to cut it off the car he is parting out for $150, we would cut plently off so that it wont be cut short.

So what do you guys think, will a 96 1/4panel work on an 01?

Thanks
Old 03-08-2012, 01:21 AM

Re: Fixing Quater panel on 4th Gen Camaro

I assume they are both camaros? The answers yes
Old 03-17-2012, 07:05 PM

yes, they would work. if possible, i'd try to pull the dent out. i saw somewhere on youtube where they use computer duster and a heat gun to actually pop the dent right out without removing any paint. might also be worth finding someone with a dent remover stud welder. dunno what it's actually called. stinger maybe? that's how i got mine out in the left quarter. i was spraying the whole car though.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:56 PM

It had to be sectioned off another camaro and caused more damage than I thought. I found a place to cut off and deliver for $275 which is good since GM doesn't make thees anymore. The bad part is its going to cost me $2,700 to have it put back on and thats with a family friend discount.

It's a ton of money but the whole car is being repainted also in this process and
new rear bumper, front quarter panel etc.

Bottom line my fellow camaro lovers be carefull we all know theese cars get loose in the rain and the rear quarter panel is the worst repair to have to make. Hope this helps some people
Old 03-28-2012, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by OutlawPerforman
It had to be sectioned off another camaro and caused more damage than I thought. I found a place to cut off and deliver for $275 which is good since GM doesn't make thees anymore. The bad part is its going to cost me $2,700 to have it put back on and thats with a family friend discount.

It's a ton of money but the whole car is being repainted also in this process and
new rear bumper, front quarter panel etc.

Bottom line my fellow camaro lovers be carefull we all know theese cars get loose in the rain and the rear quarter panel is the worst repair to have to make. Hope this helps some people

tell me about it i bought mine with some body dammage and the worst is on the left side right in the gas door it stil closes fine and opens but its hit right there and there talking like 30 some hours of work on it at even 50 dollors an hour its 1500 and only paid 3500 for the car ugg idk what to do with it