Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Firebird front bumper?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2005, 12:57 PM

Firebird front bumper?

In the Firebirds front bumper they have those 2 pieces where it looks like you can cut it out and put some foglights in it...can you?

What kind would fit in there and where would they hook up to?
Old 06-08-2005, 02:43 PM
Administrator

Re: Firebird front bumper?

They are actually removable covers. They are held in by two studs attached to the covers, that stick through holes in the bumper cover, and are held on by two nuts. You reach the nuts from behind the bumper cover. No need to cut anything, just unbolt them.

I pulled the covers off, painted the edges where the bolt holes are flat black, and put pieces of plastic mesh over the openings. Not sure what purpose it served, because the foam crash pad is behind them.

Its conceivable you could also bolt fog or driving lights in there. On my 94 Formula (no fog lights), there was an unused wire harness connector that appeared to be for the fog light switch. I used the connector for my AutoMeter guage lamps. You could possibly install a stock switch in the stock locations and use that connector???
Old 06-08-2005, 03:11 PM

Wondering The Same Thing. Want To Put Some Fog Lights On Mine, Or Else Make Some Kind Of Bracket So I Can Purge Out Of Those And Make It Look Like Its Breathing Fire
Old 06-08-2005, 10:26 PM

i did something like this to my firebird ages ago, it looked beautiful with the foglights sunk back into that space, for mine i used FF75 hella fog lights. i had to heat up the plastic peices around the edge where it use to hold the black cover in for a more form fit for the hellas but lemme tell you it looked sweet. if you really want some pics i may be able to find one of my old cds lying around that had some on it. let me know.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by RacingTiger04
i did something like this to my firebird ages ago, it looked beautiful with the foglights sunk back into that space, for mine i used FF75 hella fog lights. i had to heat up the plastic peices around the edge where it use to hold the black cover in for a more form fit for the hellas but lemme tell you it looked sweet. if you really want some pics i may be able to find one of my old cds lying around that had some on it. let me know.
I know this thread is old, but I would like some pics if you have them? Im struggling to figure out fog lights for my 95 formy.