Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

ebay find of the week... the Camaro that will make you laugh, cry, & shake your head

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 10:35 PM

ebay find of the week... the Camaro that will make you laugh, cry, & shake your head

This seller is pretty honest about what the car's damage is and what it needs, and what he dreamed about putting on it, so I'm not making fun of him as a person or anything...

But, read what the ad says, I highlighted some things in bold:
This is a 1994 chevy camaro with the two fenders and bumper removed due to damage, the hood also needs to be replaced and rear passenger rim is bent a little. The car runs great, just had a small spin out on the track!!! (that sucked) This is definately a project car which is why i bought it originally. This car also has (2) 10" subwoofers with small amplifier and cd player sounds great.. also there is a small rip in drivers lower seat and a scrape/dent on passenger side quarter panel.I also hadthe entire braking system redone completley($865.00). The fenders,hood,drivers side mirror, and bumper come to about 1300.00 for replacment parts the suspension needs to be upgrade to some type of coil over system for optimal handling,the drive shaft also needs to be changed to a straight shaft($275.00 new). the factory two piecer still remains this delightful hunk of plastic and metal comes with some added bonuses for the price. It has a NOS system (150 shot) ready for complete install,purge system ,regulators and solenoids included. The nitrous hose is already installed and the intake is tapped and temporarily plugged. In addition the car also has a sweet shift kit in it the best one for this scenario,two side pipes (tru dual). and in the rearend 4:54 gears with of course a possie gear. again, this can be a mean machine if someone had the time and funds to do so.. she needs a good home. and needs to see the straight line again. To the winner of this auction pick up only is the selected method of delivery. once auction is over and payment has been made ,either the buyer can come and pick up title and veichle or seller can come to an agreement on possibly delivering the car.. good luck and happy bidding..
After reading this, I was like "hum... a drag car." But then I looked at the pics and had a range of facial expressions.

So... in case you got nothing out of that description and nothing from the pictures... the summary is thus:

Problem 1: The guy was modifying a 140 horsepower 3.4L V6 Camaro for drag racing.
Problem 2: He obviously spent quite a bit of dough on mods.
Sad irony: His car was still probably slower than a stock Z28... from 1974.

or... how about this:

Problem 1. Every quarter panel and bumper has damage.
Problem 2. The car has a cloth interior as far as I can tell.
Problem 3. The engine is junk nobody else would want to bother messing with.
Problem 4: The wheels. 'nuff said.
Conclusion: The car has no redeeming value as a parts car for an enthusiast.
Sad irony: It has 6 bids.

http://tinyurl.com/2q4ac7 (strangely I couldn't get the link to work on here, so I took it to tinyurl.com and made it into one of these and it seems to work)
Oh well, good luck to the guy. Sad thing to happen, but it was a dumb idea (in all honesty) to think you could make a drag car out of that Camaro. It's not a good thing to start out with, it's like making my Corolla into a drag car. A million and a half things to upgrade, and it still wouldn't be good with the stock engine.

Last edited by Brangeta; 01-03-2008 at 10:42 PM.
Old 01-03-2008, 10:41 PM

the Camaro ricer? lol good post it made me laugh
Old 01-04-2008, 04:52 PM

omg..... the pics were fine till i came to the side shot with big a#$ tires n looking like huge spacers, with the (awesome) side exhaust.... 150 shot? i dont even think a stock LS1 could handle that. 454 gears, thats just a lil bit too much....

but, its his car, so he can do what he wants. the buyer could prolly take out all the aftermarket mods n make more money
Old 01-04-2008, 06:17 PM

Can we say, "Junk"........
Old 01-07-2008, 07:06 AM

Yikes that is sad
Old 01-07-2008, 11:36 PM

I wonder what it does in the quarter with those 4:54 gears
Old 01-09-2008, 05:10 PM

Looks like they tried to make a 4th Gen Bumblebee . . pre- change . . .
Old 01-13-2008, 10:04 PM

spin out? he musta fell asleep going down the track (would certainly take long enough)

i bet that thing couldn't even break em loose parked against a wall