Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Dash Cracked! Need Dashmat :(

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2003, 04:44 AM

Dash Cracked! Need Dashmat :(

I've tried for several days to repair some cracks right above my center air vents on my T/A. I screwed up and now it looks worse. I was looking at getting a whole new dash at $300-$900!!

I guess it is a really big part. Anyways, I hate dashmats but I guess it's time for one to cover the scars for now. Any recommendations? I took a look at dashmat.com and they have one for 49.99.
Old 10-27-2003, 07:51 AM

My camaro dash cracked too....It started as one crack now it has about 5 different places. Looks really bad, but I don't wanna pay 100 bux to get a new one.
Old 10-27-2003, 10:55 AM

Not that you could easily find one, but check junkyards..

I cracked my 94's dash trying to get the gauge cluster out (I'm a dummy).. I've been without a dash for almost a year. (cracks started small, and just progressed bigger due to natural vibrations, and me tinkering with it)

GM wanted $120 for a new one... No thanks.

I first found a 93 dash in a front end wrecked Camaro, but that dash started to crack on removal.. So no go.. Then about a week ago a friend told me there was a 94-95 V6 that looked like it hit a brick wall.. And the dash was loose from the accident. Real loose.. (velcro tabs were poped and everything)

I went and asked the junkyard how much they wanted. They said "$40 and it's yours". After 8 minutes of being careful, I removed it from the car.. (brittle *** plastic)

After wiping away the glass fragments, and cleaning up as much JC 1800 Gold smell as possible, it was as good as new.. And for a third of the price! I'm so happy with it, I could
Old 10-27-2003, 01:24 PM

Re: Dash Cracked! Need Dashmat :(

I cracked mine when I was doing my silver gauges. I ended up getting a new one from Jason Cromer for under $100 shipped.

I tried eBay and junk yards, but I couldn't come up with anything. That was after 3 mos of searching. I also tried the dash mat for a little while and it just didn't suit my taste. The dash is way too big to have a piece of carpet sitting up there IMO...

If you are patient, keep an eye on eBay and also keep checking with this particular eBay vendor, fparts. They seem to come up with a lot of stuff...

E
Old 10-27-2003, 01:26 PM

When I first bought the car the dash had a few cracks and the passenger side reflector was cracked...GOT A NEW DASH FOR $20 BUCKS
Old 10-27-2003, 03:21 PM

I cracked mine also. I am thinking about just fibergalssing over it and painting it. I think it might look alright like this.
Old 10-27-2003, 05:15 PM

Well you guys must be talking about the upper dash pad of your saying $120. I actually talking about the entire front part, where all the air vents are and pass airbag. But my upper dash pad is cracked too.
Old 10-27-2003, 05:58 PM

HAHAHA!!!!
I was in fact talking about the upper dash.. :/ It's traditionaly called a "dash board", so when you said "dash" I completly misundestood you.. Sorry about that.

And now that I think of it. The guy at the junkyard called it a "dash cover"..

You might want to refer to what you are talking about as "forward most cab innerds" or "dash guts".. JK.. I'm not sure what the real name for that would be... Maybe "dash" is the proper name.. You tell me..

This is why I like pictures and video.. It's eassier to see something then reading someone's description of what they think or know it should be called..

Oh well.. Not everyone has a digital camera.. Sorry for being a useless bum..