Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Custom Body Kit Designs

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2003, 06:25 PM

i want one put me inline for one i really like it i have been trying to find one like that please put me inline for one it looks great e-mail me when complete
Old 04-18-2003, 06:39 PM

pu12en12g

Who is designing the shortened rear end? I am REALLY interested in getting a rear piece like the Callaway one. Shoot...I'd buy the Callaway one if there was a way to do it...but alas...you can't buy just a piece of that kit...you gotta buy the whole thing. Anyways...like I stated ...is someone really working on this?

-Mike
Here's the info mike:

Originally posted by MadKilla
... Whistler is the one that is fabbing up the corvette tailights in the rear Valance panel. I spoke to him about fabbing up and entire 1 piece rear bumper assembly, but he didn't seem to keen on the idea because of the enormous effort involved. I will work on him to still try it, but I asked him thinking it would be a one off piece for my car and his, since I was going to cover all materials and labor. If we get more people interested maybe he'd do it, you would have to ask him. I'd be willing to try it since my Z is not running, I have experience making molds for fiberglass hoods. I would have to make it from scratch, as apposed to building up material on a stock Camaro hood to make the mold, so it would likely take me a few tries, and a good bit of time (since I have little to spare). I'll think about it, its something I really want to do. But if I did i wouldn't limit myself to Vette tailights, there are a lot of cool tailight assemblies out there. i always wanted to make some 69 Camaro styled tailights too. I need to clone myself, its the only way i'l accomplish everything.
Old 04-19-2003, 05:11 PM

I'd love to get that Callaway bumper!

-B
Old 04-19-2003, 09:07 PM

I thinkn the C5 rear looks ****IN AWESOME I would buy that and put it on my car with a regular body kit and it would still look rad. I think just changing the rear bumper would be a big enough mod to make the car look unique and sporty wihtout ricing it out or making it look like a freak kit car. there is a fine line between making your car look cuystom and awesome or making your car look custom and ridiculous. Everyone has a different idea of how much is too much and subtle or classy changes are the best way to go so when those girls see you in your ride they aren't looking at you because they think your trying to hard to be cool HAHah it's true though. If anyone hears anyhting about this C5 back COUNT ME IN.
Old 04-19-2003, 09:30 PM

Vokabulis, I sent you a PM about this last night. I had to shorten it a little, but I just included some ideas.

I just have to state some of my opinions on this kit, as long as prices can be kept down to basically around 600, the typical price of a kit, I think this could sell. It might be profitable for a little more, but just like these very rare kits, most people just don't have over 1000 to pay for a kit. If that was ever produced, I'd be sold...and honestly, I'd be even willing to talk to you about helping to spread the word and sell in NJ. That's just future dreaming though because this can get very costly...for some reason I believe in your dedication to this.

As far as the rear, I think the bumper is good, but changing the lights is too far. Simply if someone wants C5 lights, they will just buy the panel that Whistler is currently producing and have the lights. For a typical guy, it just wouldn't make sense to add that to the kit. I'd personally want mine to retain the stock lights. THis makes it a tad simplier because all we are working with is the rear bumper and instead of having it stick out like it does now, it'll curve under more like a corvette. My only worry would be my exhaust tips sticking out too far, which could be fixed. C5 Lights are on a lot of things, and I love them, but I even see them shaved onto some trucks now a days...leave that to those who want them...because the option will be out there soon thanks to Whistler.

The front should also be a replacement bumper, which may be tricky with the stock headlights, etc, but shouldn't be too bad. I think the next thing you may want to try to photoshop is what the front will look head on. The sides view looks good, but we have no idea what it will look face on.

The sides skirts look good...they can probably just be like a regular body kit that goes over the rocker panels. The scoops...if produced (you may even want to wait and try to build the kit first) can be other optional materials. Some may not want to scoops...but others will. And those who want them to be functional, will do so. It's just going to be custom.

Overall, I just have to commend you on your idea and I really hope it works out. Let me know if I can help you in any way.

Mark
Old 04-20-2003, 12:55 AM

Very well put mark. This kit would be nice for us guys. The side vents should be somthing that looks nice but doesn't stick out like a sore thumb so a wider aray of people would attracted to it's look. the front and rear could be two seperate things. the front.. an option if you want to take it realy far. I have seen some awesome looking 98+ noses that aren't that expensive or hard to swap so a front nose piece would have to be cheaper then a 98+ nose swap to really get those people buying.

I think the rear C5 light dilemma can be put to rest like this. If people want the lower bumper cover to give it the C5 bumper look that is one piece that installs on it's own. The sides would simply match up flush like the current bumper does. The natural lines on the back of the camaro are completely streight across. This should be easy to fabricate a piece that would be the upper light option. It would simply be made in a way that one kit or the other doesn't look "out of place" without the other portion.

The tailpipe problem could be given to the people thinking of doing the mod as instructions. this is so in-expensive that anyone willing to put on a quality kit would be willing to pay the 25 bux to have them shortened professionally. Hell some shops to painting and exhaust work so you never know. Hope this aids in the production. Peace, KUrt
Old 04-20-2003, 12:09 PM

Thanks for the recent replies. A lot of you have some very good ideas but the problem is that I have no time to work on it anymore. I'm working and volunteering at a local boys and girls club. If anyone is willing to help out with the production or knows someone that could help leave a message because my email is down
Old 04-23-2003, 05:34 AM

Definitely right on the one piece bumper section not including the C5 lights. I too like my stock lights. To be honest...the shortened bumper that I want is already in existence...it's made by Callaway. We all know it. They make the exact piece we want for our bumpers. The obvious problem is just that we can't buy it seperate from the kit. If I could just mold THAT bumper...shoot...I'd even fill in the Callaway lettering so as not to be a 'poser'. I just like how it looks. Anyways...if ANYONE knows of a way to get one...just let me know. PM me...e-mail me...whatever. I'll pay. $$$

-Mike
Old 04-23-2003, 07:46 AM

Well guys.. lots of good ideas, and very little reality.

What you need to do is find a Callaway owner that is about to sell their car, and have them make a mold of the rear piece. It's not that complicated, any ricer shop can do it. Then sell them for around $200 a pop, and make a small fortune... pretty basic stuff. If I still lived in Cali, I could have done this months ago.

Props to Whistler tho, for taking good ideas and actually making them a reality FOR ONCE.

Old 04-23-2003, 08:28 AM

O.k....so is there anyone in possesion of a Callaway rear bumper that would allow me to pay for a mold?

-Mike
Old 04-23-2003, 09:40 AM

I like the Callaway bumper myself but with out those stupid fish gills. How many Callaway Camaros were made?

pu12en12g - I'm in California...whats your contact here to help make this a reality?

-B
Old 04-23-2003, 10:48 AM

I for one like the gills...I actually cut some in my fenders too. Some like em...some don't. the best way to contact me is e-mail iamsparc@yahoo.com

-Mike
Old 04-23-2003, 12:48 PM

are there any plans for production...email me if there are, I would buy one!!!
Old 01-06-2004, 01:49 AM

Question

Almost a year later, anything materialize with this?
Old 01-07-2004, 07:07 AM

materialize with what? The light section?

Quick Reply: Custom Body Kit Designs