Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Courtesy lights wont turn off

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 09:07 PM

Courtesy lights wont turn off

so me and my friend were checking out the light bulbs for the inside of my 93 z28 we took them out and i ordered some new replacements tonight, theyre all in fine condition, so i leave 2 of the lights off and everything is working normal when i alarm my car, etc.

now i get to my friends house and alarm the car and go inside the house and everything alarmed fine, i come back out and my lights start flashing, when i sat in my friends car, i think i accidentally sat on my remote, but there was no alarm sound, just the lights flashing, so i freaked out and ran to my car pressed the alarm key and it alarmed but it didnt make the chirp noise or anything, so now thats the issue, its alarming but not making the sound, and the courtesy lights arent turning off, and i checked all the pressure ***** to make sure nothing was broken

i need help ASAP on this issue, i had to disconnect my battery in order to keep the lights off -_-

this is my daily driver so i need it running...

(posted this under audio and electronic, but that area isnt too populated and i havent gotten any responses)

now my lights are off but my alarm isnt functioning properly, any ideas as to what the issue is?
Old 01-22-2009, 06:05 PM

Looks like it could be the BCM (body control module), it's located under the glovebox area.

I had the same problem of the lights staying on, I had to remove the bulbs while I sorted it out. It started happening 2 weeks after I got a new remote and programmed it. It was also arming the alarm but not sounding the horn and was blowing up a fuse every day.

I changed the BCM, reprogrammed my remote and no more problems, although it was expensive to fix, (cost like $120) you can only get the BCM new at gmspartsdirect.com because it has to match exactly your type of BCM (check the part number on yours to order exactly that one). You can not get a used one because it would have to match your type of BCM and your code of PASS ignition key code. The first time the ignition code is turned on, the code is burned in the chip inside the BCM, that is why a used one won't work, unless you somehow bypass the PASS circuit.