Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Calling all 4th gen 98-02 Bird owners... Need damaged door emblems, where do I look?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 02:32 PM

Question Calling all 4th gen 98-02 Bird owners... Need damaged door emblems, where do I look?

Before you call me crazy, read below to see why… lol!

I am interested in the door emblem designations off the doors of the 98-02 Firebird/Formula/TransAm versions. The script style.

Name:  firebird.jpeg
Views: 197
Size:  12.0 KB

Name:  formula.jpeg
Views: 309
Size:  18.4 KB

Name:  transAm.jpeg
Views: 210
Size:  43.5 KB

I wanted to do a custom project using some of the lettering from them to create emblems for 2 cars that only came with “sticker” style emblems. Since I only need some of the letters to create my custom versions. I don’t absolutely need complete emblems. I have had no luck finding any of these (regardless of condition) at the local yards, so I started looking on Ebay. No one is selling damaged ones, so at $10, at the cheapest, to buy mint ones, or worse yet, more $ for new ones. It will cost me a small fortune to get what I need And the wife said "uhhhh no!". Then I will be turning around and simply cutting them up? Honestly I don’t have the stomach for it…
1 the cost &
2 it would be ruining something that someone else might really need.

So I’m attempting to create
1.“Indy Fiero”. Yes the “y” will be tricky, but I’m going to try some letter merging or altering.
2.“delsol” (for the wife! ).

To create my emblems, I need:
4 “Formula”
2 “Firebird”
1 “TransAm”

On broken & marred/scratched versions, I would need the following letters, with the connector sections on either side intact, if applicable… I want to try to keep them as “factory” looking as possible by retaining the sections b/w the letters
*In “Formula” I need:
4 undamaged “L”
2 undamaged “O”
1 undamaged “U”
*in “Firebird” I need:
1 undamaged “F I” still connected is a must
2 undamaged “E”
2 undamaged “D”
1 undamaged “B” (might be a “y” possibility with creative cutting)
*in “TransAm” I need:
1 undamaged “N”
1 undamaged “S”

So here is where I need help from others…
Got a damaged one laying around that you just tossed to the side? What to help me repurpose it? I would love to take it off your hands.

Know of any 4th gen sources I can try to contact online? Know someone with a 4th gen salvage yard who parts out them out? Please let me know. My inquires to the ebay sellers (hoping someone owned a junk yard) fell on deaf ears. I contacted Hawks already, so we will see how that goes.

Any forums you can suggest that I should report this on? I'm a 3rd gen owner, so I have not had much 4th gen forum exposure.

Mods… hopefully I didn't post this in the wrong place. If so… I'm sorry and can it be moved?

Thanks for any ideas or suggestions you can offer!
Old 06-12-2014, 05:07 PM

Re: Calling all 4th gen 98-02 Bird owners... Need damaged door emblems, where do I lo

just get emblem pros to make it for you, instead of hacking up so many different emblems.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:56 PM

Re: Calling all 4th gen 98-02 Bird owners... Need damaged door emblems, where do I lo

Originally Posted by fbodyrs96
just get emblem pros to make it for you, instead of hacking up so many different emblems.
I got a quote and it was a bit over budget for the 2 emblems $70 per and that was a bit ago. Worst case I will go that route, but I wanted to try this first.