Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Brangeta's topic about 4th gen Camaro history

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 06:39 PM
Banned

I'm definitely interested in this thread. I like to read about one-off and limited production Camaros. Thanks for taking the time and effort to make these posts.
Old 12-31-2007, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by DAKMOR
How about something on the 3.8L?
I ran across some info about the 3.8 liter Camaros and Firebirds I'll post later tonight if I have time, or maybe tomorrow. Hope I get around to it.
Old 12-31-2007, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by DAKMOR
Oh, okay, how about the LT1-body race car(Le Mans I think) ? Got anything on that?
That's going to be a bit more difficult I've discovered. I'm not much of a racing fan, and don't have much data to go on. I'll try to write something decent about the Camaro race cars soon though.
Old 12-31-2007, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by GETGONE
The 3.8 was a mid year intro on 95 cars across the US, but was full year in California due to emissions standards(what else?). You forgot about the precursor to the 4th gen, the California Camaro GTZ which looks like a combination of a 3rd gen IROC and a 4th gen LT1 car.
I have a lot of pics of the California Camaro (the red one) and a slight amount of info about it.

The yellow GTZ though... I don't think I have very much info on it at all, muchless pics. I'll have to check.

For what it's worth, I do plan on having a VERY good writeup on the Pontiac Banshee concept.
Old 01-01-2008, 12:14 PM

I think this thread is pretty cool. I like to be educated on camaro stuff. It's the only time my A.D.D. don't kick in. My car is a one-off too, It is the only one like it because it is mine.
Old 01-01-2008, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by rpmatredline
I think this thread is pretty cool. I like to be educated on camaro stuff. It's the only time my A.D.D. don't kick in. My car is a one-off too, It is the only one like it because it is mine.
so is mine. i havent seen another like it or even with the same motor the lt1 is long gone. its got a lsx based motor in it.
Old 01-01-2008, 03:55 PM

what about the intimidator cars? ive heard of a few, i think they were GMMG cars.
Old 01-01-2008, 04:03 PM

Yep, I'll be doing something on the Intimidator cars. Actually a huge write up on ALL the 4th gen Earnhardt Camaros I know of!

ex-SS-ve-- I want to hear about your LSX engine swap, it sounds interesting. But don't talk about it in this topic, make a topic in one of the engine forums on this message board and PM me a link to it.
Old 01-01-2008, 04:53 PM

maybe a moderator can clean up the non-useful posts (including mine) so we can just come in here and read about special limited edition cars.
Old 01-01-2008, 05:55 PM

Ironically, it seems to me that the special edition 4ths gens that are most confused and often incorrectly described are the ones that GM made and sold to the public. 4th gens that it would be nice to see information on are the F1, 1LE, B4C, LT4 SS, etc.
Old 01-01-2008, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by Kris93/95Z28
Ironically, it seems to me that the special edition 4ths gens that are most confused and often incorrectly described are the ones that GM made and sold to the public. 4th gens that it would be nice to see information on are the F1, 1LE, B4C, LT4 SS, etc.
I can definitely do all of those no problem.

I went through a lot more magazines today and marked all the articles for my reference so I should be able to put a lot more content on here over time. I have my first day back at work tomorrow after over 2 weeks off, so until I get used to working again, I wouldn't expect anything too too soon. Plus... I still have to resize and upload all the pics I scanned.

Oh, and I discovered the HARDEST articles to write are going to be for the bodykits/ground effects. The really weird ones I've always paid some attention to, but that doesn't really mean I know too much about them all.

I did finally figure out the manufacturer and product name of the Testarossa body kit for 4th gen Camaros though.

Another difficult group of cars are the show cars from 1990s SEMA shows. I can't even find any reference online of a company called Pro Cut who showed a Camaro at the '94 SEMA. They were using it to show off window tint, and it had a really amazing set of Boyd wheels on it... and all I have is a black and white pic -_-.

Last edited by Brangeta; 01-01-2008 at 10:56 PM.
Old 01-02-2008, 01:43 PM

good stuff!!
Old 01-02-2008, 04:38 PM

I can't wait to read about the above 4th gens mentioned that will be on here keep up the good work
Old 01-02-2008, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Bowtie4life
I can't wait to read about the above 4th gens mentioned that will be on here keep up the good work
Those should all be easy. The HARD ones are the RS Camaro and SLP RS Camaro. I don't know any of the details on the SLP RS Camaro off the top of my head, and the issue with the regular RS is that (for at least a few years) the engine was advertised as being (I think) 5 horsepower more than the base Camaro. I'll have to look into it.
Old 01-02-2008, 05:34 PM

It worked for mustangs!!!1

Quick Reply: Brangeta's topic about 4th gen Camaro history