Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Black and red interior?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 10:38 AM

Re: Black and red interior?

From what I've seen, I like the way leatherseats.com's replacement seat covers look. Katzskin I don't like the look of as much. Classic Soft Trim is another option.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by 94QuasarZ
Dodge, give JC Whitney a shot, they're typically pretty good about interior-related stuff like that, they may have something.

Hooligan, I like the styling of your interior, got me wanting to do something similar to my '94 only with blue.
My 1984 Z28 had the blue/ grey 2 tone i have always loved that look.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Hooliganzhotrod
My 1984 Z28 had the blue/ grey 2 tone i have always loved that look.
Nice! If you have any pics I'd love to see them
Old 01-13-2011, 12:42 AM

Nice! If you have any pics I'd love to see them
The only pics I have are from 1996 before I traded it for a 1997 Camaro RS. If I run across them I will scan them into my garage.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:30 PM

The only pics I have are from 1996 before I traded it for a 1997 Camaro RS. If I run across them I will scan them into my garage.
Cool, I'll be lookin for em
Old 01-14-2011, 11:07 AM

Hooligan, you got one beautiful car, bro. When I first saw it on another thread, I thought it was a true SS, great job.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:33 AM

Hooligan, you got one beautiful car, bro. When I first saw it on another thread, I thought it was a true SS, great job.
Thanks! The previous owner was convinced it was a true SS till I came along. It had a CEL on and had been over heating. I stole it from her 3K less than the asking price. I replaced the thermostat, radiator cap and repaired rodent damage to the #7 Injector wires and cleared the light. I havent had the light come on in almost 2 years. I'd say for $2,500 I got a deal! Sure I had to replace the clutch, A/c Compressor and alternator but thats minor compared to what it could have been.

When I bought this car it had the hood, intake and badging already done so I went further and upgraded the suspension, exhaust, shifter and tuned it to SS specs. The only thing I am restricted on is the exhaust system because it is an OBD1 system and I live in California so I cant change it to a dual cat system. I am very pleased with it but soon will be repainting the car black pearl with dark red hockey stripes. Not sure if I will be keeping the SS badging or going back to the original Z28 Badging. In the small town that I live the SS badging keeps the high school kids from trying to take a jump on me at stop lights.

Last edited by Hooliganzhotrod; 01-15-2011 at 01:43 AM.
Old 01-16-2011, 10:07 AM

Thanks! The previous owner was convinced it was a true SS till I came along. It had a CEL on and had been over heating. I stole it from her 3K less than the asking price. I replaced the thermostat, radiator cap and repaired rodent damage to the #7 Injector wires and cleared the light. I havent had the light come on in almost 2 years. I'd say for $2,500 I got a deal! Sure I had to replace the clutch, A/c Compressor and alternator but thats minor compared to what it could have been.

When I bought this car it had the hood, intake and badging already done so I went further and upgraded the suspension, exhaust, shifter and tuned it to SS specs. The only thing I am restricted on is the exhaust system because it is an OBD1 system and I live in California so I cant change it to a dual cat system. I am very pleased with it but soon will be repainting the car black pearl with dark red hockey stripes. Not sure if I will be keeping the SS badging or going back to the original Z28 Badging. In the small town that I live the SS badging keeps the high school kids from trying to take a jump on me at stop lights.
Yeah I read the history of the car in your garage, I would also say you got a great deal on the car.

The red hockey stripes will look nice on the black, giving the car something extra appearance-wise. I eventually wanna put black hockey stripes on mine.

Maybe I should make my car into an SS clone, I have all my stock Z28 badges and I still get punks in ford probes and dodge daytonas trying to race me. It's pretty funny to see the looks on their faces when I hit 2nd and leave 'em choking on my exhaust
Old 01-16-2011, 11:36 AM

Maybe I should make my car into an SS clone, I have all my stock Z28 badges and I still get punks in ford probes and dodge daytonas trying to race me. It's pretty funny to see the looks on their faces when I hit 2nd and leave 'em choking on my exhaust
I've had my Grand Prix GXP for 2 years (anniversary was the other day) and to date, I've never had anybody try to race me. I let my sister take the car and I drove her Z28 (even though the water pump is bad right now) and I wasn't driving TEN MINUTES before a pickup truck pulled up next to me and was revving his engine at me!

Silly pickup. I didn't even bother.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:52 AM

I had an Integra GS-R back in 2001. Loved it, but got real sick of the idiots in Grand Am's & big trucks always trying to race me. I eventually just traded it in, mainly because of that. It was happening almost all the time. Just for the record, I know my bone stock 3.8 Camaro could take the bone stock GS-R in a stop light to stop light race....rolling start out on the highway, on the other hand, might not have the same results...
Old 01-16-2011, 05:30 PM

I have reupholstered my door panels with a red vinyl. I started with the black and red cloth, but I felt my car had enough red on it, so I went with the graphite seat upholstery but I kept the door panels the red color. The pic at the bottom shows the new interior. The seats match the door panels perfectly, but the flash lightens up the seats a bit. They are darker in person. I have more pictures of the interior in the fquick link in my sig.

The panel inserts are a pain to take off without damaging them. I heated up the plastic tabs and took out the staples holding the weather stripping to inserts. I had a local upholstery lady cover the inserts in a red vinyl, then I reinstalled the inserts. It was a slow and tedious process, but I really like the results.

Also, watch out which trucks you scoff at. There are a lot of trucks nowadays that will give an Lt1 quite the race.

Old 01-17-2011, 01:08 AM

Oh, I wasn't scoffing at it because I thought I was necessarily faster. I was just scoffing at it because it was a truck. Where's the fun in beating a truck at a stoplight?

"Hey guys, guess what I raced 0-35 and beat on the way here?"
"What?"
"A truck!"
"A truck...?"
"Um... yes! A Ferrari truck!"
"OMG NO WAY"

Even worse if you lose. XD

I don't race anyway. Closest I've come to racing was chasing a Ferrari F40 in my GXP. I was flat out. He was not.
Old 05-18-2019, 11:38 PM

just a trunk panel which I used as a test for the vinyl dye.

This is the car as well,just for reference.
hey,I have just started my interior make over, I am not a fan of the original black and beige, the car is white and has red accents,I decided to furthur accent with red cloth panel inserts,waiting on fitted black carpet to arrive,have a new pair of black racing seats with red stitching sitting waiting to install.
What do you guys think?
Be honest,I can take it.

before was the bottom picture...

Last edited by K. Maro; 05-18-2019 at 11:44 PM.
Old 07-17-2019, 04:17 AM

the seats hold you in place well and I dont find the harness combersome.

just finished up today here is a couple of shots.
The state of the dashpad and suprising results of a fix ,I am happy with it,considering 6it was my first time stripping or changing interior parts, learned a lot.
Hey,any of you guys spray scotchgard on your cars?

original 1994 stylez. I just finished this afternoon, gotta get more pics.

Last edited by K. Maro; 07-17-2019 at 04:24 AM.
Old 07-23-2019, 04:10 AM

I did something similar with mine ,just freshened her up ,I sam happy with the results, the seats are night and day difference!

Quick Reply: Black and red interior?