Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Beware of color in pictures! (Paint Colors, etc.)

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2002, 10:13 AM

Exclamation Beware of color in pictures! (Paint Colors, etc.)

There was a topic a few weeks ago arguing the differences of a blue color on a T/A...the true color of the car was Navy Blue Metallic, although it appeared to be much brighter (like an electron blue or something.)

Well, in light of that, for the value of my fellow CZ28.Com members, I created a webpage of my truck, just showing these differences.

When picking out a color for your ride, beware what it looks like in a picture!

The pics of my truck were all taken in the same room, at the same time, with different lighting concentrated on different areas.

So, this page is just so you will know to be aware of what something looks like in a picture, and how different affects will play tricks on what really is.

My truck is one solid color, not a chameleon color. Feel free to use the page to demonstrate to others how important it is to not base an opinion on choosing a color just because of one picture, or the way it looks at a certain time of day. LIGHTING MATTERS.

The Role Lighting has on a Vehicle's Color.

Photos cropped just to get some of the junk out of the way as we redo our garage...might wanna use pop-up blocker, it's a free hosted site...
Old 12-10-2002, 10:30 AM

nice web page. does your truck take on those different colors in differents lights in person or is it just the camera? either way its a nice orange.
Old 12-10-2002, 10:40 AM

Good to see that someone took the time to point this out! I agree with you... the orange that you see in dim light rocks. Its almost a Dukes of Hazzard General Lee-ish sorta color lol.
Old 12-10-2002, 11:12 AM

does your truck take on those different colors in differents lights in person or is it just the camera?
At sundown or in dimmer light, it looks the color of the first pic...in bright daylight, or under lots of fluorescent lighting it looks the yellower tint.

either way its a nice orange.
Thanks, I kinda made it up...I found a color close to what I wanted, and had them add hues of yellow/red till it got right where I wanted it (the first picture.)

Good to see that someone took the time to point this out!
Thanks, I thought it was important for folks to understand that what you see isn't always what you get, and this shows that pretty good I think.

Its almost a Dukes of Hazzard General Lee-ish sorta color
Yeeeeeee-haawwwwwwwww! Man I was raised on the Dukes of Hazzard, so of course I don't mind that COMPLIMENT at all!
Old 12-10-2002, 02:33 PM

And BTW, throw this out there when people are asking "What color is this car?" type questions...this does nothing for me, but it is just to keep anyone from forming a mislead opinion. I have a buddy that has a T/A painted a color he isn't that pleased with, just because of what he thought it looked like...
Old 12-10-2002, 02:57 PM

Not that I want to split hairs here, but I think you meant to type... "Be aware of color in pictures" rather than "Beware of color in pictures"... that is unless someone is afraid of colors.
Old 12-12-2002, 01:15 AM

Damn, that is exactly how my orange reacts in pictures. In some pics it comes out a very dark hugger orange, in others it comes out a very bright tangerine/yellowish color.