Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Best Wat to detail engine

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2003, 02:16 AM

Best Wat to detail engine

my idea now is to spray some engine degreaser where it needs to be sprayed.....spray it off with a water hose, towel dry what i can.....what all do i need to be careful of getting wet, besides opti, alternator, and wiring???
Old 05-26-2003, 12:21 PM

This is wehat I did...

I took the car to the car wash with those not-too-powerful jet washers and used a small jack to jack it up on one side. I made sure there was plenty of light and I sprayed the degreaser all over the intake manifold, the body of the alternator, down next to the fual injectors, all over the valve covers and all around them, in the back of the manifold, all over the A/C equipment, all over the waterpump, down on the cross member where it gets greasy next to the motormounts, all voer the brake equipment, anti-lock and master, I got down under there and sprayed a bunch on the cross member and steering rack, I got the steering shaft good too, Didd the trans a little underneath,

WHen I went to wash after letting it sit for 10 minutes I made sure I didn't directly spray any electrical or a sprayed them at half force, then I didn't spray behind the waterpump (looking out for the fragile opti) and I just hosed down everything damn good. I made sure not to spray a jet of water near the seals on the fuel injectors but I did the top of the intake like crazy and all around the throttle body. My car started right up and I have had no problems.

Cheers