Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Best Price and Quality on SS hood and spoiler??

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2003, 08:43 AM

Best Price and Quality on SS hood and spoiler??

I just traded for a 94 Z and want to get a SS hood and spoiler and was wondering where I could get the best price and still have a high quality part? Also should I get the SS hood or the Big block hood? I lilke them both but haven't seen a big block hood in person. Thanks in advance for the help!!
Old 08-08-2003, 09:47 AM

well, the best quality is going to be GM, but of course it's gonna cost you, and they're hard to find. I don't like the big block hood myself, I think it doesn't look good when the grille is not cut-out especially. It just looks like it wasn't meant to go on a camaro IMO. The best place to get one price wise is probably here! Keep an eye on the for sale forum and you can get a good price. Good guys here too.

Aftermarket hoods all have their problems. Some people get perfect ones, and some people's never line up right. Aftermarket = all fiberglass = not as strong = possible damage from strain by the hood pistons over time.

There is the 96-97 SS spoiler and the 98-02 SS spoiler. Which one are you looking for?
Old 08-08-2003, 02:38 PM

I am looking for the 98-02 spoiler with the led tailight and the two bars that come down on both sides. Yeah I don't want to go to GM...I was basically talking about quality as far as the aftermarket parts go. As for the big block hood, that is kinda what I thought too but I hate to buy a SS hood when everybody and their brother has one. But then again you can't beat that look. I'll probably go with the SS hood. Thanks for your help.
Old 08-08-2003, 02:55 PM

Originally posted by TN94Z
I am looking for the 98-02 spoiler with the led tailight and the two bars that come down on both sides. Yeah I don't want to go to GM...I was basically talking about quality as far as the aftermarket parts go. As for the big block hood, that is kinda what I thought too but I hate to buy a SS hood when everybody and their brother has one. But then again you can't beat that look. I'll probably go with the SS hood. Thanks for your help.
keep your eye on ebay, they sell ss spoilers all the time, and for the ss hood just about all aftermarket hoods are about the same in quailty, FFI sells them cheap
Old 08-08-2003, 10:52 PM

Get GM parts.
Start looking at ads in Super Chevy or GMHTP (forgot which one). GM is advertising factory direct sales of 4th gen SS parts for "restoration" purposes.
Factory hoods, spoilers, wheels, etc... no VIN check and dirt cheap!
If memory serves, a new GM 98+ SS spoiler is right at $300.
Same price as aftermarket, but the quality will blow any of the others away.
If I had to guess, I'd say GM had some parts left over.
Dave
Old 08-08-2003, 11:01 PM

Originally posted by ratio411
Get GM parts.
Start looking at ads in Super Chevy or GMHTP (forgot which one). GM is advertising factory direct sales of 4th gen SS parts for "restoration" purposes.
Factory hoods, spoilers, wheels, etc... no VIN check and dirt cheap!
If memory serves, a new GM 98+ SS spoiler is right at $300.
Same price as aftermarket, but the quality will blow any of the others away.
If I had to guess, I'd say GM had some parts left over.
Dave
show me where you can get an oem ss spoiler for 300 bucks, list the site or sites if you can, thanks
Old 08-08-2003, 11:10 PM

Arrow

Originally posted by chasmanz28:
Show me where you can get an OEM SS spoiler for 300 bucks. List the site or sites if you can, Thanks
Originally posted by ratio411:
Start looking at ads in Super Chevy or GMHTP (forgot which one).
I never said anything about "sites".
The ads are running in magazines. I just forgot which. I get PHR, CHP, CC, GMHTP, & SC to cover the Chevy side of life...
It would be in one of these, probably either SC or GMHTP as I posted before. It might be online too, but I haven't found it there yet.