Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

anyone ever used this?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 01:28 AM

anyone ever used this?

ok so i wanna stop the rattles from my car...i was planning on either using this stuff

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dead-...fAudioQ5fVideo

or using some 3m undercoat from autozone to coat my entire trunk,hatch,floorboard,doors and roof....anyone ever used this offbrand dynomat stuff?? and is undercoating the trunk a good idea or is this stuff better for quieting the squicks and rattles?

also if hte dynamat stuff is better howm many feet do i need to do my car?
Old 05-30-2010, 08:58 AM
Administrator

Dynomat pads and undercoat stop EXTERNAL road noise from entering the car. They do not cure "squeaks and rattles".
Old 05-30-2010, 12:50 PM

I gave up on the interior noises a long time ago. Its just not possible with these cars.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by Injuneer
Dynomat pads and undercoat stop EXTERNAL road noise from entering the car. They do not cure "squeaks and rattles".
+1 - I just did Damplifier Pro on my whole car about 6 months ago. The road noise was cut down dramatically, and so was the motor/exhaust noise as well, but with our cars the rattles and squeaks will always be there in some form or fashion. I would still recc it tho, as it does help alot and also, helps with heat coming in the bottom of the car - esp in my situation.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:33 AM

Dynamat/Undercoating will cut down on road noise, the drone from exhaust, and sheetmetal resonating. If you're trying to fight actual rattles or squeaks then you need to find what is rattling/squeaking and either tighten it up or dampen those spots. I use standard foam weatherstripping you get at Home Depot or Lowes to fill in the gaps between inside body panels where they rub/vibrate together which is the primary source of the rattles.

I suggest locating where the rattles are coming from first; then pull the interior panels; then place the weatherstripping just inside the edge (so you can't see it when it's installed). This will keep the edges of the panels from vibrating as bad and rattling on each other.