Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Another place for vinyls?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 02:01 PM

Another place for vinyls?

My dad recently ordered a set of Camaro inserts for the rear of his Camaro. Today when he tried to put them on they didnt stick at all and he had an insanely hard time getting the letters to come off the paper they were stuck on. Once he got them off they wouldnt stick to the car at all. He says now that he wants more letters but doesn't want it from the same guy. Anyone know of any other good people to order vinyl lettering from.
Old 07-02-2006, 02:03 PM

Re: Another place for vinyls?

Who'd you get them from? I think Brent makes them, and they seem to work great. Order them from him next time. If you already did order from him it might have just been some bad vinyl. I used to have a set sitting around that I won in a chat contest here, but I'm guessing my ex-wife threw them away.
Old 07-02-2006, 02:08 PM

Eh, I always forget to add information. Sorry I got them from.

http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/vinyl/vinyl.htm

If that is indeed who you are talking about. If I emailed him about it would he send a replacement free? I myself plan on ordering a few more things for my car.
Old 07-02-2006, 02:11 PM

Yeah, that's Brent. From everything I read all his stuff works perfectly. Are you sure you guys washed the area decent and removed any wax that could have been built up there? They won't stick to wax covered parts. Surface prepartation is key. You should PM him and ask him about it.
Old 07-02-2006, 02:14 PM

I did not do the vinyls. I would assume my dad did all the prep work as he helped me put some of my stuff on the other day. Including the bird I got for my hood. I emailed him yesterday about an RS logo for my dad's car, but now I don't think my dad wants anymore to do with it (he tried it this morning.) I haven't recieved an email back yet though.

EDIT

Could it also be that the vinyls got too hot and melted a little bit? Apparently the letters were sitting out on the back porch which at times gets very hot.

Last edited by aliensRreal; 07-02-2006 at 02:18 PM.
Old 07-02-2006, 02:18 PM

Cool. Brent seems like a good guy, so just give him some time to respond. If you didn't know, he's a mod on the board here as well.
Old 07-02-2006, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Ace_437
Cool. Brent seems like a good guy, so just give him some time to respond. If you didn't know, he's a mod on the board here as well.
Thanks for that information. Hopefully we can get something worked out. All the stuff I got from him for my car seems to work perfectly
Old 07-02-2006, 02:28 PM

Brents' vinyl is the best out there. Make sure you guys read the instructions when you slap the vinyl on, Brent has a very nice guide for each one of the different types of inlays/overlays that will tell you the best way to do it right.

Brent is a very cool guy to do business with.

Oh, and it does sound like the vinyl was baked in the sun. That's never good for them IMO.
Old 07-02-2006, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by kick Z tail out
Brents' vinyl is the best out there. Make sure you guys read the instructions when you slap the vinyl on, Brent has a very nice guide for each one of the different types of inlays/overlays that will tell you the best way to do it right.

Brent is a very cool guy to do business with.

Oh, and it does sound like the vinyl was baked in the sun. That's never good for them IMO.
Well, I supose I will wait for the response from Mr. Brent and go from there. I am going to order regardless and will probably just do the vinyls for my dad the day they get here so he won't have to know
Old 07-02-2006, 02:38 PM

I will also chime in to say that Brent;s vinyl is awesome. You can't beat his prices or variety, period. I had his vinyl on my T/A for over a year thru all kinds of weather and still looked great. The key to making them last is surface preperation, like stated above.
Old 07-02-2006, 02:46 PM

sounds like your dad doesn't know what he's doing.
Old 07-02-2006, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Blue89Bird
sounds like your dad doesn't know what he's doing.
As I said before...Considering he did a good portion of the bird on my car and the Pontiac lettering on the back, I think he has atleast a decent grasp of what he doing...
Old 07-02-2006, 03:04 PM

lol he's got some new stuff sence last time i saw his page, i want to get one of those "objects in mirrors are Mustangs"
Old 07-02-2006, 04:38 PM
Admin Emeritus

Brent was one of the first registered members of this community nearly 10 years ago (if not THE first) and has done a world of good for it and the entire f-body scene in general. He is a straight shooter and WILL take care of this problem, which I am surprised to hear about because this is the very first time I have heard of a single problem with his stuff.

The only thing about Brent is that he has a day job and sometimes he has to work long hours. Getting an immediate response is not always possible, so give it a bit of time if necessary.

I am going to move this to the appripriate forum (Appearance) becuase it is more fitting there and Brent also hangs out there often.

Do not worry, it will get taken care of, I am sure.
Old 07-02-2006, 04:50 PM

It does take some time occasionally for Brent to respond to requests, but it's well worth it. Just be patient and he will take care of your requests, and do a good job on them.

Quick Reply: Another place for vinyls?