Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Aftermarket Seats.... anyone have pictures?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2004, 01:03 AM

Aftermarket Seats.... anyone have pictures?

Does anyone have pictures of aftermarket seats in there camaro?

I've been looking, but its hard to find.

Also, whats your opinion of most seats? like how do they compair to the stock seats?
Old 04-04-2004, 01:11 AM

Not trying to ijak his tread but I was also wondering if anyone has redone thier upholstry like ina custom coloror something? I want to redo mine but I can't find a good place to get the cover so I can sew it on.
wes
Old 04-04-2004, 02:40 PM

Originally posted by kaoticcamaross
Not trying to ijak his tread but I was also wondering if anyone has redone thier upholstry like ina custom coloror something? I want to redo mine but I can't find a good place to get the cover so I can sew it on.
wes
I remember a company that had perfect fit covers for the stock seats, but really, I think the stock ones kinda suck and want good supportive aftermarket ones.
Old 04-04-2004, 07:24 PM

I love the stock 95 seats b/c the fit me perfect.
Wes
Old 04-04-2004, 11:00 PM

Originally posted by kaoticcamaross
I love the stock 95 seats b/c the fit me perfect.
Wes
well they fit fine, and are kinda suportive, but when in a corner they dont hold you put very well.

SO no one has any pictures? I've seen a couple here and there but cant find anything....

Last edited by Xride; 04-04-2004 at 11:17 PM.
Old 04-05-2004, 07:01 AM
Administrator

What type of seat are you after.... something relatively comfortable, with a lot of adjustments and probably a higher weight, or something purely functional, with minimal adjustments and low weight? Auto-X or straight line? Or just a general upgrade and appearance?

Functional, light weight:Corbeau Forza
Old 04-05-2004, 08:47 AM

Look around WS6cott's Page...
Old 04-06-2004, 06:10 PM

Here's some old pics of my interior. Colors of the photos is messed up, but you get the idea.

http://community.webshots.com/album/79387773AzBZib
Old 04-07-2004, 12:55 AM

Originally posted by MadKilla
Here's some old pics of my interior. Colors of the photos is messed up, but you get the idea.

http://community.webshots.com/album/79387773AzBZib
What seat is that?
they look like the ones I want, infact a bit nicer then the ones I was looking at.
How do you like them for daily driving?

thanks for all the pics, more would be great, how you like hte seats compaired to stockers would be nice too if you can.

thanks
Old 04-07-2004, 07:21 AM

Those are $parco'$.

Just do a quick check - you are gonna find that most GOOD aftermarket seats run at least $600+ a set - not $200. Some Sparco's are $600 a piece.

Corbeau CR1's cen be had for around $800/set.
Old 04-07-2004, 11:22 AM

Originally posted by Xride
What seat is that?
they look like the ones I want, infact a bit nicer then the ones I was looking at.
How do you like them for daily driving?

thanks for all the pics, more would be great, how you like hte seats compaired to stockers would be nice too if you can.

thanks
I love em. I have said it many times, the stock seats in both F-bodies suck, even the TA seats. The Sparcos are so much more comfortable and insanely grippy. If you like quick turns and on/off ramps like me, they are the best thing you can buy. I do have not brace my leg on the door or console, I don't have to brace myself at all, the seat just holds me. It gives you a better feel for the road and what the car is doing. People always tell me the stock seats aren't that bad, then they drive my car and freak about the difference. Helps to have that 5 point harness/cage and suspension work.
I really do notice it too, every time I get in my SS I feel like I am sitting on a park bench. I feel that you get your money's worth with seats, and you get what you pay for. Think about the incredible amount of time you spend sitting in your car, do you really want to skimp out because of a few hundred bucks? See what you like, definately sit in them first. I went by measurement and the Sparcos are a tad bit narrow for me . Not bad though, helps them grip me. I'll be getting the wider suede Milanos for the SS. So make the right decision. I'd recommend Recaro's or Sparco's, no question. One problem is without a cage and 5 point harness, you will have a hard time routing your seatbelt so it doesn't choke you.
Old 04-07-2004, 12:04 PM

I wish I were a rich man - 'cause I would without question have me a set of these bad daddy's. Only problem is they are $1400 a piece.

I would change my entire car's appearance around those seats...
They come in black and grey too if you are interested.

See...the black is "ok" too.
Old 04-07-2004, 12:28 PM

Originally posted by MadKilla
I love em. I have said it many times, the stock seats in both F-bodies suck, even the TA seats. The Sparcos are so much more comfortable and insanely grippy. If you like quick turns and on/off ramps like me, they are the best thing you can buy. I do have not brace my leg on the door or console, I don't have to brace myself at all, the seat just holds me. It gives you a better feel for the road and what the car is doing. People always tell me the stock seats aren't that bad, then they drive my car and freak about the difference. Helps to have that 5 point harness/cage and suspension work.
I really do notice it too, every time I get in my SS I feel like I am sitting on a park bench. I feel that you get your money's worth with seats, and you get what you pay for. Think about the incredible amount of time you spend sitting in your car, do you really want to skimp out because of a few hundred bucks? See what you like, definately sit in them first. I went by measurement and the Sparcos are a tad bit narrow for me . Not bad though, helps them grip me. I'll be getting the wider suede Milanos for the SS. So make the right decision. I'd recommend Recaro's or Sparco's, no question. One problem is without a cage and 5 point harness, you will have a hard time routing your seatbelt so it doesn't choke you.
hmm wow, now I really want aftermarket seats.
you wouldnt want ot sell me yours would you?

and when I asked what seats they were I ment what series, I saw that they were sparco
Old 04-07-2004, 01:39 PM

I would love one that would retain the factory power seat.... That would be nice.. and in that picture the body pannels are different (the one with the red seat sparco)...

let me know guys.
Old 04-07-2004, 03:02 PM

Originally posted by Xride
and when I asked what seats they were I ment what series, I saw that they were sparco
I knew that's what you meant - I was just messin' with ya.

I would also like to know the series though - and how much you paid for them.

And FWIW Xride - I have sat in CR1's and they are the same way as he describes. You do not even attempt to move when going around turn and such - you are just hugged in this one spot - and it is oh so comfortable. Also - for reference - I am 6'0" and wear a 32" waist pant...175 pounds.

Your best bet though is def. sit in a seat before buying it - that way you know if it is comfortable to you.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Seats.... anyone have pictures?