Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

4th gen seats in a 2nd gen

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2005, 12:53 PM

4th gen seats in a 2nd gen

Does anybody know of anyone doing this. I know for sure I can make the fronts work. I don't know if the rears would bolt up or slide right in.
Old 06-12-2005, 03:01 PM

Re: 4th gen seats in a 2nd gen

On my 1979 T/A I put in 4th Gen Camaro front seats and it was easy. The rears were a little more difficult because of the way the bottoms attach. The back you could make work with some sort of hooks on the back and then a bracket on the bottom to bolt up in the stock locations as the old back seat. The bottoms are a little difficult because the old 2nd gen had the clip on the bottom that you just push in and down to get them in. I'm not sure if you could adapt that to the new ones by making or transferring the bracket over, or if you would be better off making them bolt in like the 4th gen type. I think either would work just depends on what your thoughts were and how you wanted to do it. I would measure the rear seats as well to see if there are any differences in width because you don't want a big gap in there. You also might look into keeping the rear seats and having a shop add and remove foam to shape the seat like the 4th gen. and give it that bucket look. I wasn't too concerned about it since no one really sat in the back anyway.