Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

2 things..........

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2003, 08:26 AM

bumper chipping dents on sides

ok i got in an accident in dec someone pulled all the way out infront of me in the rain and i slid into them insurance deamed it there fault...my nose was already messed (all the paint was chipped off) and i had a bra on it the accident killed the passenger side fender and the bumper had a bodyshop fix it up i got it back and now the nose has dimples on each side looks like dents said "these cars always have a tight fit i couldnt get the sides to pop out" then the next day i slightly tapped a little plastic bucket parking and the paint started flaking off so i brought it back to him and he painted it again for free....3 monthes down the road i notice i a chip of paint right next to the blinker even since i noticed it paint has been coming off this bumper everywhere and i havent hit anything..but since ive been driving it in winter it could be salt flinging up and hitting it....the paint chips are looking just as bad now as before the accident when i bought it like that. where can i find someone that knows how to paint the nose right???? anyone in MA if you know any good body guys for these type of cars would be much appreciated and if anyone knows anything about the dimples on the nose of the 95 tas would be appreciated

Last edited by CrAkD X 95TA; 03-11-2003 at 08:56 AM.
Old 03-11-2003, 08:36 AM

He didn't sand the bumper right. The paint isn't sticking like it should. What I would do...is take it pretty much anywhere...and when you do...tell them how the last guy didn't sand it right, and that it's flaking off...so could they be sure to do that. The thing is...they'll take one look at it and KNOW that's what happened...but when you actually point it out, it'll seem as though you know what the heck you're talking about , so you can BET they won't make the same mistake.

(one little side note...in your message subject for something like this...instead of "2 questions" maybe something like "front bumper paint chipping" or someting to that effect would be more effective in getting responses. Many people won't read a post unless the subject is descriptive)

-Mike
Old 03-11-2003, 08:56 AM

Originally posted by iamsparc
He didn't sand the bumper right. The paint isn't sticking like it should. What I would do...is take it pretty much anywhere...and when you do...tell them how the last guy didn't sand it right, and that it's flaking off...so could they be sure to do that. The thing is...they'll take one look at it and KNOW that's what happened...but when you actually point it out, it'll seem as though you know what the heck you're talking about , so you can BET they won't make the same mistake.

(one little side note...in your message subject for something like this...instead of "2 questions" maybe something like "front bumper paint chipping" or someting to that effect would be more effective in getting responses. Many people won't read a post unless the subject is descriptive)

-Mike

your the man thanks
Old 03-11-2003, 09:55 AM

No problem..I feel your pain. My fiance's Saturn had the same thing happen to her. She got hers repainted by a family friend as a favor...but he took the shortcut of NOT sanding the darn thing down, and sure enough...just months later...you can flake off chunks of gold paint. And we can't B*tch at the guy cause #1 he's a family friend, and #2 he did do it as a favor. Some darn favor! I mean...we DID have to pay for the darn paint. I just bought a LeBra for her car and said screw it.

-Mike
Old 03-11-2003, 04:10 PM

sounds like either they didnt sand it or they didnt use a flex agent or both
Old 03-11-2003, 10:44 PM
Banned

Sounds like you should go get your money...or if not....
GO BEAT THE GUY UP!!(jk, not that i advocate violence of any kind....)

Definitely find somewhere else, i would not trust someone who messed up once to do any work again