Advanced Tech Advanced tech discussion. Major rebuilds, engine theory, etc.
HIGH-END DISCUSSION ONLY - NOT FOR GENERAL TECH INFO

Dont know if this is advanced question or not but i know advanced techs here cant

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 09:12 AM

Unhappy Dont know if this is advanced question or not but i know advanced techs here cant

firgure out my problem. its pretty techincal. If not in right forum just simple message me or something and let me know please and ill take care of it. ill move it whatever im just desperate here. Please at least read.

I have a 94 z28 camaro and it runs real rich. Blows black smoke and before everything was done to it it would run ok when cold then when it got hot it would sputter real back and misfire and have no power at all and roll black smoke. Would want to take off but no power to push it. It would scream but the motor wand or car would go just not like it should. So we changed cap and rotor plugs and wires opti resealed EVERYTHING on motor and under car, PCV valve new intake boot and intake filter new coolant temp sensor new fuel pump about 2,500 dollars worth of parts and work. Now when started it tuns fine and idles fine even when warms up but when you drive it, it runs fine under 2000rpm and just at cruising speed but getting on it hard and above 2000rpm it just falls on its face and runs like crap kinda like before blows smoke and what not. So half of its fixed what do i do for the other half. lol we are changing the MAP sensor too here shortly. My guy said it seems like timing is off in it. Has a little backfire sometimes. Check Engine Light or SES was on too idk about still but it was being triggered. PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!!!! There is also no wiring in the ECU plug in to read scan codes because some idiot before me had to have removed them.
Old 09-04-2013, 03:24 PM
Administrator

Re: Dont know if this is advanced question or not but i know advanced techs here cant

Wrong forum. Another copy of this post had been moved to "LT1 Based Engine Tech".

[EDIT] Apparently this problem was not as urgent as it seemed. He has not signed onto this site since the last of his triplicate posts in three different forums.

Last edited by Injuneer; 09-07-2013 at 04:55 PM.