3rd Gen / L98 Engine Tech 1982 - 1992 Engine Related

Sunroof Tech......Gimme your thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2002, 11:59 PM

Question Sunroof Tech......Gimme your thoughts

I am going to get a sunroof next week and was wondering if you guys had any info on which brand or size for the third gen. The guy quoted me $350 for a 20 x 32 Pop Up (I want it big ). Is this a fair price??? Should I go with the electric spoiler type??? I am not to keen on the spoiler type, but if anyone has any info or prices on them, I will listen. Any and all info. is greatly appreciated.

Later

------------------
1989 Formula 350
K&N air filter, air foil, TB Bypass, AFPR (set at 45 psi), A.I.R. yanked out, Accel 8mm wires, Fireball external coil, Pulley (just the crank), gutted MAF, corvette servo, Hooker super comp. shorties, 3" exhaust all the way back, No cats, Flowmaster 40 series muffler (one in one out turned down)---Developed a bad habit....bottle related!!!!75 Shot of Nitrous
http://www.theformulasource.com/owne...php?siteid=144

So they made him get rid of it...For decency ya know....But it came back the next day...

My webpage:www.cardomain.com/id/1fastformula
Old 07-04-2002, 05:14 AM

ARGH!! Dont get a sunroof, you'll be cutting the "T" out of the roof, which is the main support!! ARGH
Old 07-04-2002, 09:50 AM

Thumbs down

lol Lars, i second that motion! plus, even if you could do that a sunroof would look awful!! these cars arent meant to have sun roofs!!!!!!

------------------
85 camaro Z-28, fuel injection, V8, 61,000 orig miles
Old 07-04-2002, 12:12 PM

Red face

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lars:
ARGH!! Dont get a sunroof, you'll be cutting the "T" out of the roof, which is the main support!! ARGH</font>
Is this a fact???? I have seen sunroofs in the third gens before, but they were small and looked like garbage. I am leaning hard to the big one 20 x 32....Almost like a targa top!!!

Later

------------------
1989 Formula 350
K&N air filter, air foil, TB Bypass, AFPR (set at 45 psi), A.I.R. yanked out, Accel 8mm wires, Fireball external coil, Pulley (just the crank), gutted MAF, corvette servo, Hooker super comp. shorties, 3" exhaust all the way back, No cats, Flowmaster 40 series muffler (one in one out turned down)---Developed a bad habit....bottle related!!!!75 Shot of Nitrous

So they made him get rid of it...For decency ya know....But it came back the next day...

Old 07-04-2002, 03:38 PM

You have a brace running though the middle of your roof, where the t-tops T. Converts dont have them, but they have extra subframe braces to make them rigid. If you want an open roof you'll have to get t's cut in
Old 07-04-2002, 06:20 PM

Question

WHEW!!!!! I have done a ton of research and I feel like I am in the same boat when I was pondering nitrous. Many of you say do not do it, but some say they have and it has not hurt a thing. If I put SFC (sub frame connectors) on the bird, it should be enough to stop any HARD flexing. I know now cutting into the Support T is bad...I just do not want the goofy looking two sunroof setup where actual T-Tops go. Thank you all for your help and please keep giving me some info. I am ready to do this, but would like a few more opinions (hopefully encouraging )

Later

------------------
1989 Formula 350

Old 07-04-2002, 10:09 PM

my car has one of those gay popup sunroofs...wish i had t-tops. its big and it comes completely off if i want but its not the same as t-tops
Old 07-06-2002, 11:18 PM

Thumbs up

ttt

------------------
1989 Formula 350