3rd Gen / L98 Engine Tech 1982 - 1992 Engine Related

New Interior- need feedback

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2003, 02:52 PM

I like the custom stereo install, but the rims and the steering wheel are tacky. The steering wheel looks like it came from a Bently, and the wheels are more of a lowrider/g-body kinda style.
Old 08-12-2003, 07:51 PM

You have put a WHOLE BOAT-LOAD of work into it. You got it looking really nice. I hope that one day I can get mine to looking that way...Time and money thing. In the Army so my welfare check don't cover much. Looking sweet tho.
Old 08-12-2003, 08:40 PM

Originally posted by doug791
...gold rims are for pimps.
Then a pimp I am!

But that setup does look pretty good, I like that color choices.

--Dave
Old 08-14-2003, 08:42 PM

I knew this thread would cause different reactions lol. Let me clear some stuff up for you guys.

1)The steering wheel is the last thing to come off, I'm replacing it with a gray and blue wheel with two nitrous buttons from Nopi (tastefully).

2)The all gold D's have been gone since last year (pothole took em out of the game). They were a last minute buy that I got for a very low price while I was buying tires for the Iroc rims. trust me there will be 18 x9 or 10 inch racers mounted on before the Nopi show. I'm from Cali so I've alwayz wanted a pair of "all gold" but times and styles change. now I'm more into the street racing scene than I ever have been ( I started racing in 1989). So I'm going for a mean look and stance. Daytons are not sturdy or dependable enough for me, you have to baby them (and that aint me!!)

*hanks for the idea on the engraving, and I bought the 4th Gen decals from ebay. I just bought dubz, clear corners, chrome rear inserts, blue xenons, chrome R-1 racing pedals for my 2000 Camaro, so I'll be working on the Z this weekend.

*The 6x9 grills I made in 10 minutes, bought the royal blue fabric from Hancock (yea the sewing store) and used 3M adhesive to lay it down. It's the easiest thing I did on the interior.

Oh, but I'm not finished, I also have white with blue flame gauge faces that read "stangkilla" on the Tach face. plus I just installed all the neons and ran them to a single switch. All new updates and pics will be up in about three days for both cars. Any ?'s hit me up on this board or my guestbook. Hopefully I can keep this thread going for a while. holla
Old 08-15-2003, 01:03 AM
Banned

wats ur problem

Its a camaro not a ricer. Nopi s*** is for ricers not a camaro. Second of all dubz dont belong on any camaro. Your heading in the same direction as you were with the daytons. Third what were u racing and where. Im pretty sure your other camaro is a v6. I knew a guy like you. Put a ridiculous wing on a camaro and got his *** beat real fast. Dont ruin 2 nice cars. Dont bother makin them look fast if they arent.
Old 08-15-2003, 08:21 AM

From a car enthusiasts point of view the whole import "scene" is a shame. It is all show and no go (not to say there arent some fast ricers its just not what the scene is all about) so hence it goes against everything cars should be. I'm glad youve at least come around and gone with a more race oriented style but i have a thought for you. I was watching a TV show a while back where this custom car builder (forget name) was comissioned to build/modify a custom ford t-bird (the new ones). Part way through the show he said something that should be on the mind of every custom car builder and what it was is that you know youve done the absolute perfect job when someone walks up to you and goes man thats so cool....whatd you do to it? When every piece on the car is modified yes but sort of understated to the point where it actually looks like it belongs on the car. Just remember flame covered guages and other frills can look tacky if not done right. You want to make sure no one piece stands out from the others or it wont look good. Other then that keep up the work as long as your happy with it in the end thats all that matter (to you at least). When you get some more work done get some more pics on here so we can see where you took her. Try to get some better quality ones if you can the ones on the site are not great and the background just makes them even harder to look at.

Last edited by doug791; 08-15-2003 at 08:24 AM.
Old 08-15-2003, 09:01 AM

looks like you took a long time to do all that.
congrats on the hard work
i dont think the int. is really for me, but i have to say all you're hard work paid off. the flame scheme aint bad
good luck wit finishin it up
Old 08-15-2003, 06:53 PM

Doug see's where I'm going with the mods. I'm more into being original with mods that you wont see everyday but at the same time they demand a lil respect, The mirror and Lexan glass idea was to make the rear area cleaner and put something to show my pride in chevy (which I been driving since around 15). I also made a molded plexiglass cover for the rear glove box, also I'm still going to engrave the P R N... mirror (you see a theme?). A ricer look is not what I'm trying to do. If your idea matches the look of the car and accents it instead of making it stand out, thats the whole point. Ex. My neons are all basically hidden and when on they show a nice blue glow instead of slapping them on the doorposts or the headliner or worse on the dash!! Neons and LED's were on Lowriders and minitrucks long before the word "ricer" came into play. But I do not neglect any part of my motor, I'm a die-hard, bonified, street racing vet!!

to 10sallday you must not have gone to page 2, I have'nt updated in a while but I'm still racing every chance I get , really everytime I hit the highway I can find someone to run with. Lately I've even been racing business men in suits and ties, the whole city is street race crazy, so I get mine too!! Yea the 2000 Camaro is a V6 but I have'nt found too many cars that can beat it, it's 15's stock but with "true" control of the pedal, and a knowledge of my powerband, I can jump a 0-60 in about 4 seconds and I slightly faster 1/4 mile time. And my Z is running 13's already (with a 305!!) I take racing more seriously than most people. I'm entering the Z or the 2000 in the Gumball 3000 or Silver state classic (90 miles of open racing, closed highway). But I digress..........

To show I have more originality than "10's" thinks:

2000 Camaro plans: under construction as we speak
1) All white carbon fiber dash kit, full off white Naugahyde laid over eveything, 2 TV's (Visor), full audio system (hidden), Plexiglass Laptop holder for my Vaio w/ Tv outs for monitors

2)Molded front GFX kit (Whistler), 20 inch rims (sittin in basement), SS rear spoiler, clear corners (installed), Kryton blue xenons (installed), 20% tint (installed), Lambo doors (making the kit now), chrome rear inserts (installed)

Really thats just a quick rundown but for hooking up two cars and having to buy everything in two's, I'm doing good. And if you dont think dubz look good on a 4th Gen, go to my 2000 Camaro page and go to my favorites page and watch your opinion change. Finally (whew!!) Nopi is not just for imports, They're were a few very tight F-bodys on show (once again check my 2000 page). Granted the Hondas outnumbered every other model and make, but I give them credit for showing some nice Twin turbo set-ups, $15,000 audio systems etc... basically dont hate on imports cause Cars are cars and we all live in the same country, and rip down the same Avenues, streets and Highways!!! Holla
Old 08-15-2003, 07:03 PM

holla lol anyways whatever i agree that just because an import uses it doesnt mean it cant also go on an american car if the look is nice. And i wasnt really ragging on imports more on ricers people who are all show an no go. Everyone seems to agree that the speaker box is awesome....and as for the rest of it well get some more pics up when its completed. But seriously the biggest problem i have is with the background on the page where the pics are it makes me freakin dizzy. Do something about that and ill be happy
Old 08-16-2003, 12:09 AM
Banned

Thumbs down stupid ******

You cant race ****. I would live to race your *** and whoop you and your ******mmobile. Im surprised you can afford all the **** with your food stamps and welfare checks you freeloading mother****er. Your dirty ****** car sucks ***. Im surprised someone hasnt knewsed your *** yet and put a big fat KKK sybol across ur ****. **** YOU AND YOUR ******MOBILE!!!!!!
Old 08-16-2003, 12:18 AM

wow that was just totally childish, uncalled for, and made you look like an ***. Anyways based on what he said i doubt your "running the show" as they might say with a 305 under the hood but it would still definitly beat most of the slow *** imports and stangs on the road. But 10's i feel like an *** for even commenting on what you had to say it was so worthless. Please go sober up (im thinking thats the only logical explenation) and then come back ive never seen a problem with you before so im going to assume this is just an anomoly.
Old 08-16-2003, 01:08 AM

Re: stupid ******

Originally posted by 10sallday85Z28
You cant race ****. I would live to race your *** and whoop you and your ******mmobile. Im surprised you can afford all the **** with your food stamps and welfare checks you freeloading mother****er. Your dirty ****** car sucks ***. Im surprised someone hasnt knewsed your *** yet and put a big fat KKK sybol across ur ****. **** YOU AND YOUR ******MOBILE!!!!!!
Dude, I would so kick your *** if you where more than a waste of bandwith. Ive read some stupid **** on the net before. But this tops it.

THis **** needs to be deleted by a mod asap and this ****er ought to be band.

**** him stangkilla1
I like your attitude, I like your car, and your little girl is a cutiepie. The backround on the site makes me nuts.
Old 08-16-2003, 01:13 AM

Re: Re: stupid ******

Originally posted by DrDUKE
The backround on the site makes me nuts.
Finally someone who backs me up. No one get into a flame war its so stupid its the internet and your a total loser if you get into it with someone to the point where you actually care.
Old 08-16-2003, 01:20 AM

its not a flame war, that post was ****ed up.
Old 08-16-2003, 01:28 AM

yeah but from my experience that chances of stangkilla not coming back on and starting a flame war when he saw it are pretty small. Not based on anything about stangkilla its just most people are idiots and start one. I hate it when it happens it hurts my head so i was trying to stop it before anything else started.

Quick Reply: New Interior- need feedback