3rd Gen / L98 Engine Tech 1982 - 1992 Engine Related

K-1 styling kits

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2003, 12:43 PM

K-1 styling kits

Hey, has anyone put either of the Evoluzione kits by K1 styling & tuning on their camaro? If so, would you recommend it? Is it a quality kit? It appears like you lose some trunk space with those kits... is that true?
Old 01-26-2003, 12:54 PM

Oh yeah, one more thing... how long did it take to install it? How much money would you estimate it would take to get it done professionally?
Old 01-26-2003, 10:46 PM

Ah, those kits are made for home building

they say, I think, that it will take afew weekends of solid work, it was either that, or another kit car, not sure.

It would be a waste of money getting it put on by a professional, I mean, it wouldn't be a 'waste' of money, because it is a large project, but it is a waste because it only takes a tool box and a friend to do it, you might not even need a friend, just like putting on a new front end, then fenders, so on and so forth, real easy I figure.

Keep in mind, I've never done it, to rich for my blood, I can get a 4th gen for that price, nomatter what anyone says, 8 grand is expensive for a ground effects kit, and the doors are alittle odd, imagine being in a parking spot with cars on either side.

I was actually looking at it today before checking this forum, my girlfriend like the front end, but she also realises that alot of purist chevy and pontiac fans out there will put you on the spot, and call you a ricer, I like it because its original, but it does look like an exotic car, or a ricer, depending on how you look at it.

The trunk space I'm not sure of, Camaros don't really have trunk space to begin with, so you can't lose what you don't have.

And as for how much it will cost for a pro to do it, probably acouple grand, your looking at atleast 2 solid weeks of them working on it for like 38 to 58 bucks an hour. My friend does body work, 58 bucks an hour, but you do get what you pay for, he's the best at what he does.

Honestly its only a kit, abunch of bolts, nothing more, you can do it yourself, seriously, it looks like your doing alot, but your not, just need alot of time, so it all depends on your schedule I guess

This is probably no help at all, but atleast it bumped the thread up, I don't think I have ever actually heard of someone putting on this kit, so if you do keep us all upto date