3rd Gen / L98 Engine Tech 1982 - 1992 Engine Related

help help help please

Old 08-11-2004, 07:26 PM

help help help please

my car is acting funny when you first start it if you don't step on the gas the car will cut off. and even after warming up when you put it in drive it has a hugh hesitation before moving then after driving a awhile it warms up and everything is good minus the idel which goes up and down 300rpms which i heard is normal for this vehicle. some one told me they think my maf sensor is on it's way out is there a way to tell if it's bad. also yesterday i came out of a turn step on the gas and it did not want to move then it caught on and took off. oh the oil pressure gauge is reading low so i had an oil change along with the differental. sorry about the long post but as i was typeing i started remembering things
Old 08-12-2004, 08:19 AM

Re: help help help please

Originally Posted by Irocdriver89
my car is acting funny when you first start it if you don't step on the gas the car will cut off. and even after warming up when you put it in drive it has a hugh hesitation before moving then after driving a awhile it warms up and everything is good minus the idel which goes up and down 300rpms which i heard is normal for this vehicle. some one told me they think my maf sensor is on it's way out is there a way to tell if it's bad. also yesterday i came out of a turn step on the gas and it did not want to move then it caught on and took off. oh the oil pressure gauge is reading low so i had an oil change along with the differental. sorry about the long post but as i was typeing i started remembering things
Idle hunt isn't normal for any car, carbs may have this problem during sudden stops, definitely not EFIs.

Have you tried the turn where you lost power after you changed the oil? Have you checked for codes?

possible culprits:
IAC, vacuum, oil & fuel pressure, spark plugs, ignition system, faulty wiring, CTS, MAT, and MAF, just to name a few, certainly not the full list.
Old 08-12-2004, 02:09 PM

Re: help help help please

well after you named all that stuff i'm gonna just take it to the local speed shop and have it looked at because that stuff is very difficult to search out.

Search this Thread