3rd Gen / L98 Engine Tech 1982 - 1992 Engine Related

Help?????????????????????????/

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2003, 12:18 AM

Angry Help?????????????????????????/

well i finally had got my car going the other day runing a new power to my fuel pump. stright from the battery to the rely well other than long start time the car ran good i took it to the track the other day which is 2 and a half hours away. it ran good i ran with my friend all the way up there. the next day i drove it and turned it off and it would not start back up <new fuel pump,rely>and the pump won't turn on i hope it did not burn out but why would it. need help i miss the rock.......................... does anybody know about a fuse that is supposed to be somwhere in the engine bay to give power to the switch and rely. how about a wiring diagram for A 89 iroc tpi.. THANKS
Old 10-28-2003, 05:49 PM

im not positive,but try thirdgen.org for a wiring diagram
Old 11-02-2003, 11:52 PM

Well, if you still have the problem I may suggest something....

Although, I have a mechanical fuel pump on my block, I replaced it twice because i thought it was shot. I found out the real hard way that the fuel filter was clogged. Make sure you take out that fuel filter and see if it is bad or clogged before you go any further.

Nick
Old 11-12-2003, 09:42 PM

I popped the fuse under the hood at the track once and towed it all the way home and found out it was a fuse...mine was on the fender next to the battery...