2016+ Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and General Discussion All 2016+ 6th Gen Camaro news, photos, videos, and General Dsicussion

What insurance provider do you use?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2018, 05:04 PM

What insurance provider do you use?

I need affordable insurance. I don't drive my Camaro much and would rather not pay that much for insurance. I've noticed that people recommend pay as you drive services 8 Cheap Pay As You Go Car Insurance Companies To Use Today. What company do you use? Do you recommend Safeco, GEICO, or Progressive. I heard these companies offer low rates. I drive less than 10,000 miles per year and I want a company that I can benefit me. What rates do you pay? Thank you for any information and advice that you can help me with.
Old 04-05-2018, 05:18 PM

Re: What insurance provider do you use?

I pay roughly $60 a month for liability on mine with Progressive (this is with the discount for paying 6 months in advance).
Old 04-05-2018, 07:00 PM

Wow that's amazingly cheap. Thank you for letting me know.
Old 04-05-2018, 07:32 PM
Administrator

Insurance rates are highly dependent on the specific state, driver’s age, driver’s accident and violation history, length of time with the insurer, city or rural location, whether there is mandatory coverage for uninsured driver’s, and extent of coverage. Without accompanying the cost numbers with all that detail, the numbers become relatively meaningless.

NJ for example has some of the highest auto insurance rates in the country, because most of the state is so densely populated. Insurers are allowed by NJ state law to adjust individual rates for primary driver's credit rating and education level.

I'm a senior citizen, have no accidents or moving violations, have been with the same company for decades, live in a suburban area, have $500,000 liability coverage, no personal medical coverage, annual mileage up to 25,000, discounts for having coverage on multiple cars, my home insurance and umbrella liability coverage with the same company, excellent credit rating, graduate degree in engineering. Monthly rate is currently $75/month. If you are under 25, have tickets, so-so credit, etc., that cost can rise to $200-300/month. Or if bad enough record (e.g. DUI) you can be placed in the “assigned risk” pool with rates even higher.
Old 04-05-2018, 07:37 PM
Administrator

And forgot to mention, if you have a brand new 6th Gen - the forum you posted in - you really can’t compare rates on a 20+ year old car with no collision, etc.
Old 04-05-2018, 09:55 PM
Prominent Member

Location: Born on the Florida West Coast, now where can I retire?

The rates can be all over the place. I drive sensibly with a red Trans Am and pay about 1200 per year for $300k. My wife drives her Hyundai Elantra (4cyl) like she "stole it" an pays about 2400 a year. Same joint policy with Geico and same area.
Old 04-06-2018, 10:24 AM

Another thing to mention is that if you are making payments on the car, you won't be able to get just liability, which is significantly more expensive. Comprehensive on my car would have been closer to $180 per month.