2010 - 2015 Camaro Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Discussion for 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Chevrolet Camaro Wheels | Tires | Brakes | Suspension

[Suspension] Documenting the PEDDERS CAMARO BUILD

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 01:28 PM

Some Pictures of the Final Product. More to come

Here are some shots from the event. Unfortunately they have very serious rain and it was very cold for this time of year.

More to come.

thanks
mike
dms
Old 08-31-2009, 07:01 AM

very cool looking. i love the hood. what was the reasoning for removing the rear ssspoiler?
Old 09-24-2009, 07:11 AM

hey pete, any new news on the sway bars? i saw on the pedders web site that there is a sway bar kit with bushings. is it available for the camaro yet? i want to put sway bars on hopefully before i put the car away for the year. and i figure ill have backstreet do all the bushings when i have them tune the car for the s/c.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen
hey pete, any new news on the sway bars? i saw on the pedders web site that there is a sway bar kit with bushings. is it available for the camaro yet? i want to put sway bars on hopefully before i put the car away for the year. and i figure ill have backstreet do all the bushings when i have them tune the car for the s/c.
We are looking at having 3 different sway bar packages. Ding this will give us the tools to be able to meet the needs of every driving condition. There is no 1 or 2 bar setup that can meet the needs of all setups..

Now we have 2 out the the 3 bar sets established. We are waiting for the 3rd special bar that has been in customs now going over 2-3 weeks. There are some security issues going on in our land that shut down to a crawl the custom stuff.

I can tell you we will have a 1 bar and 22 bar options. We will also require updating the end links front and rear. To be honest, the OE stuff bends too easily. Putting in our bars without updating end links, will make the end links look like pretzels. We have already experienced this. Why other manufacturers of bars will do bars and leave the end links alone, must be a marketing strategy to keep the prices low.Our end links are not only thicker, but the actual joints are much larger. This is an important reliability enhancement. It will require you to drill out the mounts to the body.

So thank you for your patience. The bar set on the merlin store is incorrect. We are waiting for p/ns from Au. When we get them, we will be able to post more data. Once we have the opportunity to test the bar, which will require fitment and testing on 3 to 4 different Camaros to simulate different setups, then we will have everything available for you.

thanks
mike
dms
Old 09-24-2009, 01:34 PM

So many choices and so little time --

Working with GM for the 2008 SEMA GS Camaro
Working with Riley Tech on the GS Camaro
Working on our own Camaro Range
3 Radius Bush Options
2 Sub-Frame Bush Options
2 Differential Bush Options
Full Alignment Bolt Kit
Full Bush Kit
Xa Coilovers
Optional 9Kg Rear Coils for the Xas
27mm Bar front
HD Adjustable Endlinks that are as quiet and civil as the OEM links
Lowering Coils refined 5 times -- almost ready for release
Rear Bars from 24mm to 32mm and still testing...

-- or maybe I am enjoying the testing process too much.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:43 PM

if your looking for a camaro to do a test fit on for the sway bars, count me in. i want the best sway bar that you offer. i want a nice tight ride and firm cornering. it sounds like theres going to be a daily driver sway bar, occasional racer sway bar , and a full out race sway bar setup. if you could, just keep me informed on when they will be available.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:55 PM
Admin Emeritus

I kinda already have my foot in the door on that one. More specifically...parts in my garage.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:21 PM

You are both spot on and we will keep you informed. I am at the SCCA Run Offs at Road America. One of my drivers, Chris Brannon just took a street drive in our Camaro. He absolutely fell head over heels like a teenager in love. Our five minute get a quick read on the car turned into a 1/4 of a tank drive.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by JasonD
I kinda already have my foot in the door on that one. More specifically...parts in my garage.
what do you mean ,you have parts in your garage?!?! sway bars?? i want/need them so bad. its too loose for me still.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:18 AM
Admin Emeritus

Pete and I have secret meetings in an undisclosed location, usually an underground bunker. We sit in large leather club chairs in a dark library, smoke Cuban cigars, and drink expensive cognac while discuss tactics. Soon, we will have ultimate control over the entire 5th gen Camaro suspension & handling realm and every Camaro will be Pedderized. Muahahahahahahahahah!

Come on...it's Friday...
Old 09-25-2009, 08:39 AM

Pete and I have secret meetings in an undisclosed location, usually an underground bunker. We sit in large leather club chairs in a dark library, smoke Cuban cigars, and drink expensive cognac while discuss tactics. Soon, we will have ultimate control over the entire 5th gen Camaro suspension & handling realm and every Camaro will be Pedderized. Muahahahahahahahahah!

Come on...it's Friday...
Works for me!
Old 09-25-2009, 09:48 AM

Come on...it's Friday...
Hey,
Can I join? I will pass on the cigars, but accept the cognac!!

mike
dms
Old 09-25-2009, 02:40 PM

ill bring some good cohibas!
Old 09-25-2009, 05:12 PM

Detroit on Monday is the place to be.
Old 09-25-2009, 06:04 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by Justice Pete
Detroit on Monday is the place to be.
Looking forward to it.

Quick Reply: [Suspension] Documenting the PEDDERS CAMARO BUILD