2010 - 2015 Camaro Technical Discussion All 5th Generation Camaro technical discussion that doesn't fit in other forums

Service Stabillitrac at Startup

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 07:46 PM

Service Stabillitrac at Startup

Seen in twice now, where the car shows a Service Stabillitrac message on the DIC at start up, then it vanishes right away. Has anyone else noticed this?
Old 11-30-2010, 08:57 PM
Admin Emeritus

Re: Service Stabillitrac at Startup

I'd zip it into the dealership and have them run a quick diagnostics on it.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Jason Dove
Seen in twice now, where the car shows a Service Stabillitrac message on the DIC at start up, then it vanishes right away. Has anyone else noticed this?
It might be a matter of whether you are backing straight for a few feet or turning the wheel while backing immediately after startup.. The system sets itself with the steering wheel sensor to determine what "straight" is. If it doesn't "see" a constant straight path, it will warn that the system is not able to activate.

I usually run into this with my Corvette if I'm backing out of a shopping center parking space. When it happens, I just shut off the ignition, restart and drive straight forward a very few feet and the verification is just fine.. There may be a different boot sequence now which retries to establish steerning wheel position and that is why the warning is turning off as it's run the test again without the need to shut off the ignition as was once the case.

If this isn't scenario isn't what is going on in your instance?, see your dealer.

Last edited by 1fastdog; 12-20-2010 at 09:24 AM.
Old 12-21-2010, 12:02 AM

Actually, I did a little searching and found somewhere else that said it happened to them only if they 'flicked' and released the key from the Start position. (IE: turn it to start, then fall back to On before the car is actually running)

So I've been keeping my eyes on it, if I turn the key to Start and hold it there until the car is started, it doesn't seem to have this issue.