2010 - 2015 Camaro News, Sightings, Pictures, and Multimedia All 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015 Camaro news, photos, and videos
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Z284ever drives a Camaro SS ---and he likes it!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Fbodfather
Charlie!

On 9/4/09 at approx. 5:11pm, my cellphone started to ring..........

........and kept ringing!

Glad you drove one.

A couple of things: I'd be interested to see your take on a base Camaro.

I recently had the pleasure to take a base LS with Zero options around the track at Spring Mountain. With the exception of the fact that it had not been reflashed to address a lag in throttle feedback (it was built in December...) I was quite surprised at how well it handled -- I know we put a more compliant suspension on this car -- but I (along with a couple of others) found ourselves fascinated.......

As you also probably know, the past year put a lot of things on 'hold' -- so I think you may see some of the stuff you've been asking for.........

Oh - and Boxerperson -- you have email!
Mail responded to....and thank you very much!
Old 09-09-2009, 10:30 PM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

Originally Posted by Z284ever
And I'd be interested to give you that take.

BTW, who called you?

uhhhmmmmm.......about a dozen people.........from this site.......
Old 09-09-2009, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by fbodfather

as you also probably know, the past year put a lot of things on 'hold' -- so i think you may see some of the stuff you've been asking for.........
hud hud hud! ???????........z28 z28 z28! ????????
Old 09-09-2009, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by jg95z28
I have yet to see a Camaro priced for under $30k in the SF Bay Area. Even the 2LTs around here seem to be going for mid-30s, while most of the SS models are priced from the mid-40s on up.
Same here, the one V6 car I checked out was 30k, and I need to go see what the V8 cars are going for in person, but I've been told damn near 50k loaded up at the local dealer.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by bossco
Same here, the one V6 car I checked out was 30k, and I need to go see what the V8 cars are going for in person, but I've been told damn near 50k loaded up at the local dealer.
Guy 4 houses down for me got bitten hard by the must have now bug and paid $48K for a 2SS/RS 2 months ago . My jaw was on the ground
Old 09-09-2009, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by bossco
Yes. Every V8 Camaro that I've seen in my area went for at least 5k over sticker...most for closer to 7k over. All except for the fully loaded SS/RS owned by the dealer manage, of course.

It's a hot product. I really don't have a problem waiting for prices to come back to where they should be. With all the reviews saying that the competition between it and the Mustang are that close, and the MSRPs being that close, and the 400hp 5.0L going into the Mustang next year, I fully expect that if I decide on a Camaro, I'll be able to get it for sticker or slightly less within 8 months.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by 90 Z28SS
Guy 4 houses down for me got bitten hard by the must have now bug and paid $48K for a 2SS/RS 2 months ago . My jaw was on the ground
Yeah, lead the pack kinda guys always ruin for the rest of the guys in the neighborhood. I remeber when I picked up my new GT in 07 and asjed about the GT500 and the smug MF'er told me 65k - told him I'd be back when Camaro and Challenger were out (guy said so what they'll stil lbe red hot), guess he was wrong (epsecially with C4C going on) - can't say I got a killer deal, but atleast I didn't pay some stupid ADM - all the same I wish I could have gotten my car 3 years ago and paid it off, I'd dearly loved to have purchased a nice G8 GT for the daily driver and taxi-cab this year.

Since I've gotten my inheritance ride out of the way, I don't have to be so myopic when I get it paid off and a kick-**** non-Ford product shows up (fingers crossed on something G8 like from GM in the future - especially if its a station wagon )
Old 09-10-2009, 08:35 AM

uhhhmmmmm.......about a dozen people.........from this site.......

Hmmm. I don't know if that's good or bad.
Old 09-10-2009, 09:57 AM

Thanks for the review.

I have an '85 Z28 which I've owned since I was 15. Being a die hard Camaro fan, naturally I had to check out the 5th gen.

I recently sat in both a 2SS and an LS at a local chevy dealer. Of course, being 24 I was competely ignored by the sales personnel (in an empty showroom even). I'm not sure why... being professionally dressed and a prime example of the target audience you would think someone would want to try and make a sale.

The Camaro obviously looks amazing. Nothing else comes close to the exterior style of this car. CGM looks great in person.

My dissapointment was with the fit and finish of the interior. Some interior panels felt loose and didn't seem to fit tightly. Also, the armrest was very floppy and cheap feeling. It seemed like a pre-production piece or something!
Old 09-10-2009, 01:14 PM

A womans perspective, and a bad Chevy dealership experience, all in one.

As a woman, I would think that the disparity between female Mustang owners, and female Camaro owners, will probably be about the same as always. The reason?? Seating position and daily driver practicality.

Now, mind you, I am an enthusiast, and love all things performance. What I don't like, is sitting in a bathtub, on the floor. If you are wearing a skirt, or heels, gracefully dropping into the seat is impossible, as is gracefully getting out. Wardrobe aside, I can't stand the claustrophobic, cowl at chin level, short windows, feeling. In other words, I want my cake, and eat it too. I want a trunk that holds something, with an opening I can actually use, and a seating position that doesn't demand that I wear pants all the time, or be an olympic gymnast.

Again, this is my female perspective.

Bad Chevy dealership story.
I have always tried to drive any of the vehicles that I find interesting. I like to know, with first hand knowledge, what they are all like to actually drive, and "live" with. Thus, I have driven Ferrari's, Porsche's, and about every other performance vehicle, that has been built in the last 20 years. Except for a Corvette. I go to the Chevy dealership, and look at one of the 15 Corvettes that they have on the lot. I explain that I am trying to decide what vehicle I want, by driving various models.

I get told that I can drive a Corvette.............................. when I come back with my husband.

Thats funny, I thought I was looking for me. I actually ended up arguing with the salesman, about this very point, and got nowhere. I was not a valid prospective buyer, until I had my husband with me???

Wow, thats news to me.
Old 09-10-2009, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by 94LightningGal
I get told that I can drive a Corvette.............................. when I come back with my husband.
Wow. That is highly insulting.

What is wrong with these dealerships? I know there are good ones and not-so-good ones selling all brands, but come on, that's ridiculous. I'd expect that kind of response in the 50's, but it isn't going to help sell cars now.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by 94LightningGal
A womans perspective, and a bad Chevy dealership experience, all in one.

As a woman, I would think that the disparity between female Mustang owners, and female Camaro owners, will probably be about the same as always. The reason?? Seating position and daily driver practicality.

Now, mind you, I am an enthusiast, and love all things performance. What I don't like, is sitting in a bathtub, on the floor. If you are wearing a skirt, or heels, gracefully dropping into the seat is impossible, as is gracefully getting out. Wardrobe aside, I can't stand the claustrophobic, cowl at chin level, short windows, feeling. In other words, I want my cake, and eat it too. I want a trunk that holds something, with an opening I can actually use, and a seating position that doesn't demand that I wear pants all the time, or be an olympic gymnast.

Again, this is my female perspective.

Bad Chevy dealership story.
I have always tried to drive any of the vehicles that I find interesting. I like to know, with first hand knowledge, what they are all like to actually drive, and "live" with. Thus, I have driven Ferrari's, Porsche's, and about every other performance vehicle, that has been built in the last 20 years. Except for a Corvette. I go to the Chevy dealership, and look at one of the 15 Corvettes that they have on the lot. I explain that I am trying to decide what vehicle I want, by driving various models.

Thats funny, I thought I was looking for me. I actually ended up arguing with the salesman, about this very point, and got nowhere. I was not a valid prospective buyer, until I had my husband with me???

Wow, thats news to me.
Old 09-10-2009, 03:02 PM

As you also probably know, the past year put a lot of things on 'hold' -- so I think you may see some of the stuff you've been asking for.........
Good news!
Old 09-10-2009, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Z28Wilson
Wow. That is highly insulting.

What is wrong with these dealerships? I know there are good ones and not-so-good ones selling all brands, but come on, that's ridiculous. I'd expect that kind of response in the 50's, but it isn't going to help sell cars now.
Agreed, thats insulting in the extreme.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:35 PM
ALMIGHTY MEMBER

Lightning Gal - you have mail!

Quick Reply: Z284ever drives a Camaro SS ---and he likes it!